• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

White Bass ...

Phooj

The bones on a White Bass are thick and tough. If I remember right they have a area of red tissue along the lateral line somewhat like a Northern Pike.

Are they good to eat? That depends on how you prepare them.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I move on from this forum let me say; I think White Bas are my favorite fish to catch. For how small they are they hit a lure as hard if not harder then a fish twice there size. If I were to compare them to a Largemouth Bass I would say; A largemouth Bass hits like a Crappie fisherman sets a hook and a White Bass hit’s a lure like a Largemouth Bass fisherman sets a hook.

The fish havent moved to the backwaters yet. Theyre still holding deep next to shallow water. Been doing good north of Stillwater. Best time for me have been during the evenings. Havent fish south of it yet. Is the hudson bite an early bite? I'll be on the Croix on Thursday in a white skeeter. Come by and say hi. Kuv yog hmoob thiab

hey what sup Fishn! well im heading out on Thursday as well we should get together with phooj and fish all day......cause that is what im planning to do. if not its cool, hope to see ya around. let me know wha sup alrita? GOOD LUCK! my LUCK has been doing good so far!

I'll be launching out of Stillwater tommorow @11am. If you guys want to meet up I'm good with that. What are you guys riding in so I can keep an eye out for ya. Fish 4 fun come along it should be fun. Should be a beautiful day too.

stillwater @ the power plant? dont know where your going? well i heard that white bass are slowing down....unless you have a boat...other then that white bass are hiting show...until the rain hits again afterwards....water is getting lower....but let me know....i might be going to get some crappie 2morrow....

haha.. There is whitebass everywhere!! From hastings to Taylors fall. Yesterday was a bit slower out in hastings but I'd say we pulled and released about 60 fish. The day before, we had well over 100. Buddies of mine was out by stillwater and said they pulled in over 100 yesterday too. Fun times! It's time to simmer down and get ready for the bass opener! I'm Hmong too.

I don't eat fish much. I keep a few for my parents but thats about it. 15-20 is plenty for the year.. and I got that my first day out. White bass is just my way of getting the feel back after winter. Then back to smallies and LM bass after opener. Whitebass is a very aggresive fish that fights really well. The bite has been good these last few days. It doesn't matter where you go really. I release them because I want to fish for them again one day. I only keep what I need. No need to keep more.