• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My plan for the next two weekends.

Jari Razskazoff

So the river is high, and the lakes are cold, if open at all... Is it worth driving to Iowa, or even Missouri? Maybe the southern-most lake in Minnesota? What would you do, and where would you go to land some fish this weekend, and next?

I'm pretty sure next weekend almost all lakes metro area and south will be open, but what's your plan for the weekend?

My father, who lives in Albert Lea, told me that the lakes are open around there. You caould fish for panfish only, but it saves a lot of driving compared to Iowa and Missouri. Instead of ice fishing at LOW, take your boat to the Rainy River for the early season walleyes up there on the open water. I saw tons of boats going through town headed north yesterday.

I would be hittin up the Rainy River once they start going. For me, I'm gonna wait till next weekend and head to South Dakota!!! Cant wait to get in the boat. Once last time out on Mill Lacs for perch this weekend though.

I went and explored some streams in the red wing area, with an ultralight, and some barbless spinners. I explored a couple new areas, and found a school of trout 50 strong... Beautiful, but smaller Brookies! I was only able to catch a couple out of that school before they wisen'd up, but now i know.