• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Health Question for a Lab

irishjigs

Starting on Wednesday afternoon, my 15 month old yellow lab wouldn't eat is normal food...which he usually mows on as soon as I set down the bowl. He's drinking water as normal.

He is also throwing up during the morning and sometimes during the day. It's mostly liquid in the mornings, and if he does eat (usually less than 1/4 of his normal amount) he throws some of that up...but he has also had "movements" that I have witnessed in the yard. I tried to mix in a little rice last night, but he wouldn't touch it.

Also, until this morning he felt like he had a fever, however as I mentioned, it felt this morning like it has gone down.

He energy and willingness to play as not changed one bit. He is normal from that standpoint and still wants to play all the time. He is not slugish, or sleeping all the time.

He may have gotten into something...I'm not sure since I live in Bloomington along Nicollet Ave., things do fly/fall into my yard that aren't usually there.

Can someone give me some sort of idea of what the heck is wrong with my hunting buddy? I plan on calling my vet today to describe what I have above, but I wanted to get some input from someone who may have experienced the same sort of thing.

Thanks All.

Gregg

Dogs get sick and contract illnesses from humans.

With the bug going around I wouldn't doubt if thats the case.

As long as the dog is up on his shots, )Canine Distemper, Canine Adenovirus, Canine Parvovirus) I'd wait and see how he does considering you said "He energy and willingness to play as not changed one bit." If that changes or if he is still sick after a week I'd bring him into the Vet.

Thanks,

However, the issue of shots is what has me concerned...he is going in next week to get all his yearly shots. He is due for them...but him being sick has me concerned that he caught something that might end up hurting him...I don't know.

I have 2 yellow labs and from my experience if he got into something he should be throwing up at least some evidence of it. if the dogs personality is unchanged thats a good sign one of my labs (appropriately named "critter") had to have surgery for an obstruction that would not pass and perforated her intestine but you could tell as she had a sad look on her face and was much less active than usual, if ur dog is having normal bowel movements should be ok sometimes they get into stuff they can pass but it still irritates their system,hence the lack of appetite and throwing up if thats it it should go away in a couple days! my other dog developed an allergy to her food threw up 6 or 7 times a day after the vet found nothing wrong with her we changed her food to science diet and problem was solved! if ur dogs personality changes or wont eat call the vet!