• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Wiring - Anyone Have An Idea What This Is?

Mid-Lake Rock

I am in the process of wiring a new Lowrance and replacing a livewell pump. I have a 2004 Crestliner 1750 Fishawk Tiller. The motor is a 2003 Yamaha F75. I purchased the boat used two years ago. I pulled out my tiller consol to access some wiring. There is a lot back there. There is a large bundle that runs from the outboard to the consol. From this bundle I found a smaller harness that was not connected. However, it appeared that it was connected at one time. Also I found two yellow wires and one blue wire hanging out. I don't know if these are supposed to go anywhere. Anyone have an idea? Photos below. Thanks.

harness.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

Do you have guages already?

Gray-tach

orange-accesory power or general feed to accy panel

pink-fuel guage (sender to guage)

The yellow typically is AC (under the dash? ammeter possibly?)

blue- guage lights

Boatfixer- Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have guages. However, the tach has not worked. I know it is not the rectifier, and I was thinking of replaceing the guage. The fuel guage works and the guage lights work. Do you think I'll be okay to plug the harness (top photo) back together? Thanks again. Greatly appreciated.

I'd want to know what they are excatly first. I want to to say they are plug ins for another guage cluster. What do you mean by tiller console? Typically a tiller is one set up and console is another. Where is this bundle located exatly?

Can you post a picture of your gauges?

The 4 pin connector looks like the yamaha tach connector - Trim / Tilt, Oil Sender (if applicable) and tach feed.

The yellow wire on a yamaha harness is switched power from the key; blue is for gauge backlights.

If you connect them together, and you have yamaha gauges (and the rest of the connections are made at the gauge) when you turn the key on the backlights for the gauges will come on. If your gauge backlights work right now I'd leave the yellow / blue wires alone.

marine_man

Great info.

Boatfixer - I use console to describe the area where I have the gauges, accessories, etc. This is located in the rear of the boat, port side. The bundle is behind the gauges.

Marine Man - I'll post a pic tonight. I don't have a tilt/trim gauge or oil sender. My tach has not been working.

Thanks guy.

I don't think the 2 on pic 1 go together. It looks like an OEM Yamaha harness, not a OEM Crestliner, wires colors should match to be certain.

In any case I would wire the Lowrance separate from any harness on the boat.