• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird 798c w/side imageing

weld1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet. What I have is good and I'm a little shy about spending that much more. I may stick with the 797 this year and upgrade next year. I will be upgrading just not yet...I think. Now I gotta go wet a line and use the one I have.

I recently purchased the 798c SI. I am having trouble marking fish on the regular sonar, and there looks like there is noise on the right side of the SI on the top of screen. Does anyone have any setting suggestions for myself? I am using the unit in the Alexandria area if that helps.

I am not sure how I would take a screen shot of this "noise". Is it fairly easy?

As far as marking fish try playing with the sensitivity a bit, or maybe switch frequencies on the transducer.

Also just pop in an SD card and hit mark. It both creates a WP and takes a screen shot.

Does it look anything like my noise on the left? I assume mine is the motor or the far end of the boat. Not sure if that is contributing to the graininess or if I just can't find the right settings.

S00010.png

As far as marking fish try playing with the sensitivity a bit, or maybe switch frequencies on the transducer.

Also just pop in an SD card and hit mark. It both creates a WP and takes a screen shot.

Does it look anything like my noise on the left? I assume mine is the motor or the far end of the boat. Not sure if that is contributing to the graininess or if I just can't find the right settings.

S00010.png

Yes that's the noise I am seeing. I assumed that it was just the motor as well. I have tried playing around with the sensitivity. I will have to pick up a SD and take a shot of the SI view, I am not getting the great detail that are seen in the screen shots posted in this thread.

What are the different transducer frequencies?

Thanks again for the help!

83khz and 200 khz. 83 khz is a wider cone and will pick up more objects/fish. However it will not show very good detail. 200khz is narrower but shows better detail. This is only for the 2d sonar. SI is fixed at 455khz for those of us with 7xx series, the higher series can do 800 kHz SI.