• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thank goodness it is over! V.1

fishin58

For all of you that wanted Cutlet get over it!

This could have the potential to be a worse trade then the H.Walker debacle! At least I hope so! Any of you magical Viking fans that want Cutler to succeed, then go be a Bear fan! I cannot wait until Jarred and Kevin sandwich him!

Quote:
The Broncos have agreed in principle to trade Jay Cutler to the Bears.

There were late reports that the Redskins were near a deal, so the Bears must have made a last-minute push. The Broncos will reportedly receive Kyle Orton, first-round draft picks in 2009 and 2010, and a 2009 third-round draft pick. The Bears will also receive the Broncos' fifth-round pick this year. It's a bold move for the Bears, giving them their first "franchise quarterback" since Sid Luckman in the 1940s. Cutler's value takes a big hit going from a high-powered offense with talented young receivers to a conservative attack lacking in playmakers.

We'll see if he would have been worth it or not this season when the two we got take the field. If he could have got us into the playoffs a ways, it would have been worth it. For God's sake, the Broncos to Ortin in the trade. I'm sure we coulda got them to take T-Jack.

Who is cutler going to throw to in Chicago? Hester? Give me a break this was a horrible move by the bears. And best yet with the bears giving away there pick that opens the door for Jeremy Maclin to slide to us

This trade will eventually end up hurting the Bears in the long run as they have an aging defense and as many holes on their team as anyone in the league. It is an upgrade immediately for the Bears and I would not be suprised to see them in the playoffs this comming year. Cutler will be highly motivated to perform and the Bears have always been competitive even without a pro-bowl q-back.

The Vikings just loooooove mediocrity don't they? Here was their chance to improve their QB position by leaps and bounds yet they stuck to their "T-Jack is our guy" guns routine. Wow.

The Bears may have paid a steep price and that's arguable as they may now have their long-term QB which could pay off over time, but the Vikes were the ones that were allegedly close to being a Super Bowl contender and undoubtedly a QB away from that opportunity last season which meant the time to make a move in the free agent was now. Instead, they squirreled their draft picks away for the future where they can pick up more mediocre, unexperienced, college players and remain "one or two players away" for a few years before sinking back to the bottom and having to rebuild again.

Count me into the "bears overpaid" crowd. Denver has a ton of offensive talent, they'll probably go defense with their picks and get very good in 2 or so years.

Bears better hope they can stay healthy on defense and that Cutler works out well, otherwise they will have made a HUGE mistake

The Vikings just loooooove mediocrity don't they? Here was their chance to improve their QB position by leaps and bounds yet they stuck to their "T-Jack is our guy" guns routine. Wow.

The Bears may have paid a steep price and that's arguable as they may now have their long-term QB which could pay off over time, but the Vikes were the ones that were allegedly close to being a Super Bowl contender and undoubtedly a QB away from that opportunity last season which meant the time to make a move in the free agent was now. Instead, they squirreled their draft picks away for the future where they can pick up more mediocre, unexperienced, college players and remain "one or two players away" for a few years before sinking back to the bottom and having to rebuild again.

Agreed! They just picked up a pro-bowl qb not even in his prime yet. And I would argue he played against tougher secondaries in the SEC than he will see against the Purple.

"squirreled their draft picks away".... grin thats funny same fluff but much beter fill this time!

Wow im glad that one is over! Poor Cutler is going to end up whining even more in Chicago with no one to throw the ball too! I can't see Hester turning into a legitimate #1 guy. I also agree on the price being just a TAD high. 2 first rounders, one third rounder, and Orton....

what many are not talking about is how much it will cost to sign Cutler in 2-3 years (I think that's how much time is left.) The dude cried over not being told what was going on,, he likely will want to get everything he can once his contract is expired. The Bears have a history of not paying a QB jack squat,, and if they do-- they will have to cut corners big time to make him stay. They have to win in the next 2-3 years-- or it's a HUGE bust.

if the Bears don't win in the next 2-3 years, (what win is, is up to you)--- they will have to spend their $$ on getting other holes filled,, not likely on one of the highest contracts offered in sports.(If cutler perfoms,, he will ask for a pretty $$) The time to win in pro sports is very short. By the bears giving up 2 1st rounders,, they expect to win now,, not 5 years from now. They are not re-building via their actions off the field.

I do have to give the BEars some respect,, at least they are taking a chance.

Mudcutter, if Jay Cutler was Kurt Warners age this would make sense. What a terrible quandry it would be to have the problem of extending the contract of a pro-bowl qb on your team. I wish the vikes had such issues.

I think it's a good move by Chicago. They also acquired Orlando Pace which will improve their O-line. With Greg Olsen to throw to and Forte running the ball behind Pace, they should have an offense to contend with. If they can stay healthy on defense, they'll be tough to beat.