• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 3 Turkey Takers

harvey lee

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see if I can keep the streak alive. I have second season in WI. That will be the earliest I've ever hunted and may mess with my mind a little as I generally prefer the last 2 seasons.

Good Luck to all those chasing the mighty Tom this spring...

Ken

Well guys here is my 2009 Black Hills bird.

Here he is.. 18.78 Lbs, 8 in beard, 13/16 and 3/4 in spurs.

dsc07578l.jpg

And me and finally my Dad with his first..

dsc07571c.jpg

A top the ridge above the truck...

dsc07570.jpg

A great year a side from the fact it rained or was misty the whole time we were there. The locals are great and a guy just flagged us down and told us about this area. It was aways from town but well worth the drive. I am already counting the days till I can go next year..

O.K. team.... 2 down 3 to go...

Short hunt this year... 25 minutes, called a hen and two strutters into Stella my decoy and took this fella...

turkey002.jpg

Tale of the tape, 10 " beard, 7/8" spurs and 21.2 pounds...

I was happy I was able to pull this one off. Almost thought I may need to miss this years hunt... work has got me bogged down, but stayed at the office till 11:00 last night, loaded up my truck and went to bed at midnight. Got out to the field and couldn't find my calls in my vest... but I checked my other vest and there they were... put the choke in the gun and walked out to the 'killing field' as my buddy so eloquently calls it. Called a bossy ol hen in at 5:50 and at 5:55 had 2 strutters 13 yards from me... God I love this sport! Never have hunted this early before, the birds were REALLY receptive to the calls.

Hope everyone else finds success!

Ken

We maybe have a shot at winning this.

Yea, uhmmm, good luck with that. grin Check out The Tominators, also 3 for 3, all over 20 lbs, yea, thats the ticket. cool

Sorry....I'll go back to my own team now.

Only a few more days and hopefully number three for the team will be in the back of the truck.

I have done alot of scouting and it has been good. Now the big job, place some BB's in the head of one BIG tom.