• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO...........TEAM 2.......Purrs and Spurs

FrontenacPike

Way to go Eric - nice bird!

I got shutout during B as well. Had 10 toms & a jake within gun range but just couldn't get them close enough for an arrow. Frustrating week for sure. Tried a hen, jake & 2 hens, no dekes... scratched leaves... everything, just couldn't get them to commit. Birds were abnormally quiet as well... very little gobbling from the limb & most snuck in without a peep. I don't know if the birds got hit with pressure during A or what but it was a difficult week.

So we're 1/4? Looks pretty dismal.

Well gentleman I had a bust of a season. Day One I went to where the property owner suggested. Nothing but hens and deer. Day two I decided to go to the other end of the farm and do a little running and gunning. I located the two gobblers on the property and I called them within 60 yards but they wouldn't crest the small hill in the field so I never even seen them. The next day I repositioned on them, and called both in within 10 feet off my barrel. It turned out that my gobblers were actually Jakes with beards about an inch long. I didn't even raise my gun...sorry guys I don't know how many points a Jake would of given us, but I've shot enough Turks to not have the desire to just fill a tag. My other reason for not shooting is I just love being out in the woods and didn't want my season to be ended so soon. Day Four I searched the rest of the 205 acres but couldn't find another talkative bird. I tried just sitting and calling but I'm pretty sure there weren't any other birds on the property. And that's a wrap for this season, and I had to go back to work.