• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TEAM # 6 Trick'm N stick'm

ac777

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend was a learning weekend. I found out sat night that all last week there was a group in on the land i hunted. so that explained them not responding to calling saturday. With rain and more rain sunday. i just struggled, but thats turkey hunting. I just hope everyone else has better luck then i did this year.

Let's bring team 6 up to the top. I am up next Friday w/ my bow all ready to go. I took a stroll the other day and the woods are just leafing out. By next Friday it will look alot differnt in 227.

Good Luck to all

Steve

All right guys this is the weekend for a few of us left on the team lets bring it up to the top. I finally got my bow shooting how I like so that is one step forward. Still gotta get some more decoys from a buddy and get the gear ready to head up to 213. I am pretty excited for the hunt.

I was out scouting this morning and the toms I have been watching are still in the same spot. I can't wait to get out there Fri morning. I got my bow finally shooting right with the 125grn bullheads and my 125grn thunderheads. I was shooting bullheads out to 30yds and the broadheads out to 40yds without any doubt that it can happen at all those ranges. Out of 15 shots that I shot from 20-30yds with the bullheads 14 found a perfect kill shot and one hit the neck but prolly not good enough to put a bird down. I am gonna seal my blind hopefully tonight and get all my stuff rounded up. Did I say I can't wait?

Well guy's I am up for Friday but my shoulder is not at this point frown I did something to my shoulder over the fishing opener cry and I may have to sit things out crycry . I still have Friday off. The bow was setup shooting well, the blind is ready and my spot is lined up. Plenty of birds working the area.... I even have a runt of a jake tail for B-mobile if I decide to try a full strut....Jury is still out on that...

Good Luck. I am leaning towards making a run of it on Friday and see how it goes...

Get out there and "Trickem and Stickem" grin

Steve

ok so I have a good one for you all. Obviously this is not a "I got a turkey" thread. I was sitting in my blind this morning listening to all the toms gobbling their heads off. Everything seemed to go the opposite direction from were I was sitting when they finally started getting off the roost. I had called and I had got some reaction from a couple of them tho.

So here goes with the story part of this...

About 8 this morning I was getting cold so I take my release off and start getting up to take my sweatshirt off and as I am getting up I see red to the right. Sweatshirt half off....no black ninja hood....and no release! So there he is, came in silent and is strutting his way right into my shooting lane. I duck down, grab my hood...put that on and grab my release and buckle up. I grab my bow and by now I can see this tom in my shooting lane.....AT 13 YARDS! I pull back and get set and I notice that my bullhead is going to impact with the blind if I shoot so I have to move to clear. He must have seen me and goes to half strut and turns around to flee....I follow his head and squeeze the trigger.....dead bird right?

Um....no! No bird, just a loud CRACK and a bunch of [PoorWordUsage] flying all over. Needless to say in my excitement to shoot the biggest tom I have ever seen, no joke, I adjusted right back to where my bullhead was going to impact the blind. My blind is all torn up (brand new tomtaker) my arrow blew into pieces and my bullhead broke as well....and the tom jumped and ran away. What a morning!

Then a few minutes later to just make things worse...he gobbles at me like 3 times. I think it was a laughing type gobble myself. Oh well it was close...I have plenty of time. Did I mention that it was the biggest tom I have ever seen? Gotta love bowhunting!

Jeez with all that shrapnel flying you might have taken off his head... or yours. There is a lesson here though. You should always look real close before doing anything. Stretching, changing clothes, getting out to go to the bathroom, whatever. You can bet when you least expect it something is going to happen. Sounds like he wasn't too spooked. Better luck next time.

It's all good, I think I am actually done Also, Kind of disappointed that I was only able to hunt for 2 days, but it was still fun to get out. I just have too much going on these coming days, and the place I was hunting is 2 hours away. So, Probably won't get out again.

Sunday and Monday were tough going....never heard a gobble. Hard to keep trying when that happens. I slept in and went to work today. I might still get out for the last 2 mornings. Until this morning I had been out 11 mornings straight. Wears on you when you are not used to getting up at 4 in the morn.

Well...was the last day today and I am now done...sorry I couldn't help out the team guys. I had one of the most enjoyable turkey hunts that I have ever had. Was a great year...had 10 toms with in bow/shotgun range but could never close the deal. I hunted 12 out of 14 days so I was trying really hard to seal the deal. I should have switched over from Bullheads to a regular broadhead after the first weekend and I would have had a bird. I guess it sometimes doesn't matter if you actually get one....never thought I would say that!