• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

purchasing and installing spa tub in bathroom?

Dahitman44

Well, like many people that build a new house we made a mistake and did not put in a spa tub. As we enter our 40s we realize how nice it would be to have a tub with jets.

I measured our current tub and it is 58.5 inches long, 32 inches across and 19 inches deep.

We would like to put in a tub with a wrap around with a shower like our current tub. When we went to a store to see what they had they had very few - -like one tub that was meant to be used as a spa / shower deal.

The others have to be tiled and I am not interested in that.

Any thoughts?

am I missing something?

ANY AND ALL THOUGHTS, please.

Thanks

Hit

Are you saying you're looking for a one piece tub/shower with whirlpool or jacuzzi type jets? If so, I've never seen one. I have seen and installed a few five foot tubs with jets to replace a conventional tub. I imagine you could purchase a surround kit if you didn't want to spend the money on tile. Personally, I don't care for the surround kits. Another option that I've seen is instead of tile or a surround, use a product called Corian. I've seen it installed in showers, too, in place of tile.

Anyone ever look at the Grohe wall of water showers they are a pain in the behind to install abut 6-8hours to roughin the water pipe and shower valves but oh so nice to use.

Dahitman I just whent through my rouhin book and this one might work for you it's an American Standard Cambridge Whirlpool 60" lenghth 32" width and a little over 18" deep it has a apron I didn't check to see if they still carry it but it is the only one they offer that will replace a current style apron tub without going to a drop in style check it out we will see if they let the HSOforum fly www.americanstandard-us.com