• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

on the water competition

ikeslayer

do any of you do little on the water competitions with your buddies? What are your favorites?

We play baseball in my boat an idea i believe that derives from CHM here on the boards - here is how you play

1lb- 1.15 is a single

2lbs- 2.15 is a double

3lbs- 3.15 is a triple

4+ is a home run

that is the basics you can get more complex if you want like catching less than a pound is an out or if you miss a fish it is a strike. Competition brings out the best in you.

So lets hear yours i am looking for some new ones.

Cecil- I think he is saying 1 to 1lb 15 oz.. not 1.15.

My typical bet.. is pretty darn easy.. A signed $1 to the person who catches the largest fish. Cheap, yet something you can dangle in the face of the looser for many years after!!!! I have a collection!

Cecil- I think he is saying 1 to 1lb 15 oz.. not 1.15.

My typical bet.. is pretty darn easy.. A signed $1 to the person who catches the largest fish. Cheap, yet something you can dangle in the face of the looser for many years after!!!! I have a collection!

lol, I like that idea!

We play fishing poker. Got the idea from this site then modified the rules alittle. everyone puts $5 in the pot. For every fish you catch you get a card. First person to get five cards ends the game. at that time whom ever has the best hand wins. Just because you have more cards doesn't mean you win. For us all fish are worth 1 card exept pike are worth 2 and tulabee are worth 3 cards. However, if you catch an eelapout you have to put your best card in the bottom of the deck. Your buddies pick which card that is, not you. If you catch a pout before you have any cards you atomatically lose! I hate pout!!!

We play fishing poker. Got the idea from this site then modified the rules alittle. everyone puts $5 in the pot. For every fish you catch you get a card. First person to get five cards ends the game. at that time whom ever has the best hand wins. Just because you have more cards doesn't mean you win. For us all fish are worth 1 card exept pike are worth 2 and tulabee are worth 3 cards. However, if you catch an eelapout you have to put your best card in the bottom of the deck. Your buddies pick which card that is, not you. If you catch a pout before you have any cards you atomatically lose! I hate pout!!!

I'd keep drawing for the whole day, and let you only have 5 cards at a time. I'd hate to lose to someone with 2 undersized fish and a lucky draw. If the fishin is good no less than a full house should win (just like bowling).