• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Lake For Numbers?

TMF89

So, we are 1.5 fish per acre and they are 6 fish per acre? No wonder why a big fish over there is 40". Would those lakes be the Wisconsin Strain? Or Leech, Or Green Bay?

If you want small muskies but a lot of them, Maybe head to Canada. Canyon or Kishkutena, and alot of teh resorts have fly-in Muskie only lakes where you can catch 30-40 10lbers a day.

If you are looking for easy muskie fishing with good numbers, we have a lake called calder where we have the only legal boat cache on. It is located about 10 miles north of my camp and its only about a 2 minute walk in. On a good day you can catch 15 8-12lbers. We send guys that havn't caught a muskie before or someone just looking for easy musky fishing on medium action gear.

13, he wanted a "numbers lake". There are greater numbers in these lakes. The DNR stocks them to about 4x + the density of MN lakes. That's why there's the talk of WI. Nobody said anything about size, just numbers.

Numbers is one thing, catching is another!! Someone like him would be better off finding the closest lake and learning it. Then after he starts to figure the fish out he could move to a different lake. Just because they stock the heck out of the lake doesnt mean your gonna have a 10 fish day!! Thats muskie fishing. The lakes I fish in Minnesota have a ton of fish in them. But it took a few years of learning the lake to catch fish all the time!! And for me I dont understand why anyone from Minnesota would drive to Wisconsin to fish muskies. Its kind of like someone driving from Wisconsin to Minnesota to buy cheese, just doesnt make sense!!??!!

I agree with the pick one lake. I mean this is musky fishing, theres going to be days where you don't see fish let alone catch them. Its all the days not catching one that makes it all worth it when you finally do.

But if you want to drive, I think there is a dumbbell lake just south of BWCA that is suppose to have a lot of smaller fish like shoepack too, but I'm not completely sure.

Good luck,

Zelmsdawg

MN manages most waters for one fish per littoral acre, while WI manages for one fish per surface acre on many lakes. There is a huge difference. The only exception I know of for MN are brood stock lakes. I still have better luck with my local lake than I've had on my limited fishing on brood lakes. I'd pick a local lake and stick with it.