• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cowgirl lure help please for a comparable size specie of fish

I appreciated the reply. I never caught a Muskie, and was just curious, no contest intended. Some what curious what caused so many to use so heavier gear for Muskie.

Shame some took issue with my quesion or your reply.

Gerry's custom produced arrive Monday. A four blade size assortment, 8 blade and flashaboo color schemes. Had them built with detachable front ends so we can mix and match. Might be two weeks before I can report some testng results

Maybe I missed something but it didn't appear to me that anyone did take issue? And it's not that they can't be caught on lighter tackle, it's really for three other main reasons that heavy tackle is used. One is the size of the baits that get thrown and the fact that if there's a backlash we don't want (read can't afford) the heavy baits to get broken off even though they can be landed on much lighter line. The second reason is they often as not hit right at the boat with very little line out vs. at the end of the cast, and it helps to control them (as much as we can) during that frenzy with very little line out. And the third is that almost all of these fish are released, and while they do grow very big and put up a good tussle, we don't want to play them out and tire them out, especially in warmer water, as they are relatively fragile considering their size. Hope that helps answer some of your questions.