• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric Smokers

I'm looking at getting an electric smoker. I've looking at the masterbuilt digital smoker or the Bradley Digital smoker. Does anyone own either of these? Like or dislike them? Problems?

Thanks for any input.

I have a Masterbuilt.Have had it for 4-5 years or so.Works great.I looked at the Bradley also,but decided I didn't want a smoker that only used their wood pucks.The Masterbuilt uses any wood you want.

It is very effecient.I have made all kinds of things in it including ribs,fish,and 100's of pounds of sausage,sticks and jerky

It uses very little wood and is so well insulated that I once was making sausage in Nov. and it snowed while I weas using it.The snow did not melt off the top while the smoker held a 200 degree temp inside.

I have the Masterbuilt as well. Everything Ken said is right. I made jerky just the other day; 40 degrees outside and it worked just fine. The digital thermostat is sweet for controlling temperature...

I've done some checking also and have pretty much decided on the masterbuilt. Looks like a darn good unit for the price too. I just saw one at a large shopping club and it even has a window to watch while you smoke.