• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beer of the Summer.....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now..

some people here aren't over 21..

Never stopped us....

Anyway, for my summertime swig I tend to reach for the brews that go down like water:

Coors - Tab the Rockies

&

Michelob Golden Draft - Upper Midwest Champaign

When I was younger I spent every weekend drinking the same beer(busch light) trying to find a new exciting woman. Now that I have finally settled down with the right woman I am constantly wanting to try new beers. While on fishing trips and with the guys I may exclusivly date an easy drinking beer like GDL, busch light or bud light. If I had to settle on just one beer for the rest of my life it would probably be Sam Adams, its heavy enough and has good enough flavor I know I wouldn't get tired of it. Probably the worst cheap beer I've had was fox deluxe returnables.

My lawnmower beer of choice is either Mich Golden Draft or Schlitz. Neither of which will I touch in the winter months.

BTW, the new Lienie offering Classic Bock or some such is very good! Really liked the blonde dopplebock it replaced though (Big Butt).

Busch Light out of a bottle doesn't get much better

It gets much much better my friend...

With that said I tried Summit Maibock I found in the spring sampler, thats a heck of a beer. probably wont like it as much in the dead of summer though. Tequiza is a good summer beer but you can't drink to many of them.

I like cold beer in the summer, straight from the cooler, too cold to drink right after you crack it....Now as far as flavors go, I like all beers. If I can find a Point, I buy it, as much as I can. My brother usually is in charge of bringing beer on our trips, he brings point for me and he drinks his regular miller high life.

MMMMMMM, hopslam, real good, real expensive. My grandfather sent me a dogfishhead 90 ipa (Only availible on the east coast) WOW. Not overly bitter, similar to furious.

As for summer brews,

Homebrews!!! YAY! What every I feel like making.

If I ever run out, cheap American Lager, Grainbelt, Miller High Life.

NEVER EVER will you catch me drinking beer flavored water. (Light beer).

On a side note, does anyone know of a good all grain recipe for a Newcastle clone? I have tried a few and have failed miserably.

OK beers, but no Newcastle.

dogfish head 90 minute IPA is one of the best beers I have ever had. And you can get it in Wisconsin. I picked some up in Menominee a few months ago.

Check out Northern Brewer for a clone, if they don't have one on hand they'll help you customize an all-grain recipe if you ask nicely

Guess if I'm really putting my mind in that "summer" mindset, its gotta be something Mexican- like Dos Equis or Pacifico with lime. Funny how it tastes so much different in Mexico vs Minnesota. Dos Equis w/ Lime is my vote.

Regular beer around here is Mich Golden Light, with some Fat Tire from time to time.

Day in & Day out... its Captain Coke though!

dogfish head 90 minute IPA is one of the best beers I have ever had. And you can get it in Wisconsin. I picked some up in Menominee a few months ago.

Check out Northern Brewer for a clone, if they don't have one on hand they'll help you customize an all-grain recipe if you ask nicely

Menominee huh, well, that isn't that far.....I will try northern brewer, I used midwests kit, and it was not even close. From what I understand it is two ales blended together.

I'll drink just about anything, especially if someone else was nice enough to pay for it! But my "go to" beer would have to be Mich Golden Light. Can't beat it. The only problem is it's become a Minnesota beer. When I travel for work I can't find it anywhere. mad My other new favorite is Fat Tire. That's some good stuff.

yeah, im getting married in Iowa and the reception hall said they cant get kegs of mich golden, now i know it my fault for getting married down there but i told that lady she find the kegs or i'll bring them myself! none of that busch lite 3.2 iowa beer.