• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prairie dog hunting

onlydrakes4me

Anyone ever see the video when they get the vaccum truck to remove the dog's I can't remeber where or when I saw it but it was a sewer vaccum truck they mounted a camera into and use it to suck the dogs out of their hole laughed till I almost wet myself.

Ha sorry man I'm just really excited. This is my first gun and I have never even gone hunting once (besides air rifle hunting, lol). My buddy and I found a WMA near Henderson that has small game hunting available plus there is a campsite right near the river across the street. If you ever want to camp out with us sometime for a hunting/fishing weekend let me know.

Lets see here the one off of 19 on the right side or the one off of 169 on the left when heading south right side for you heading north tho. Don't even waste you time on the one off of 169 thats the pheasants forever plot. I hear ya on the gun deal. I have tried that spot and haven't had any luck crow, yote, and little buggers

There are quit a few places in southern Nebraska to shoot prairie dogs. It would a long drive from here, about 12-14 hours.

Favorite Dog guns.

-22 LR

-17 Rem Ar-15

-223 Ar-15

-7 mag

-458 win mag/ for when they charge.

-460 Weatherby/ for when they charge in a group.

Ha sorry man I'm just really excited. This is my first gun and I have never even gone hunting once (besides air rifle hunting, lol). My buddy and I found a WMA near Henderson that has small game hunting available plus there is a campsite right near the river across the street. If you ever want to camp out with us sometime for a hunting/fishing weekend let me know.

I go through the Henderson area quite often and I'm not aware of any WMA with a Campground across the street next to the river.

If you're talking about the park across the railroad tracks and next to the PV Elevator (Grain elevator), the area across the road is a Wildlife Sanctuary (Ney Environmental Center)and not open to public hunting. You'll have to go back to the top of the hill on HWY 19 to the north side of the road to find the WMA portion of the Ney EC.

Keep in mind that many WMA are closed to hunting of unprotected species such as Coyotes from March 1 until I think August.

There might be camping available at the Ney Center (not 100% certain on that) and the river is 1/2 mile away below the hill. The camping that I'm aware of is below the hill and across the road from the Sanctuary portion of the Ney Center.

From the park/campground that I'm thinking of, there is a turkey release site straight north on the gravel road that runs along the base of the hill. Is this the turkey area you're referring to?

The WMA across the road from the Ney Center runs down the hillside but stops at the road. The best way to find out is to look at a detailed map from the DNR that shows the actual boundries.

We had our follow-up meeting for our turkey banquet and a couple of the guys who are more familiar with the area said part of that area is a state park that's open to public hunting. I guess it isn't very well marked.

Ya learn something new every day.