• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you keep in your boat?

Carpenter

lifejackets, extra raingear, driftsock, binoculars, 1st aid kit, munchies, tunes,extra rope,dock bumpers,disposable camera, grease gun,rags, nail clippers, extra set of wheel bearings, basic tool kit, spare spark plugs, electrical tape,zipties, sunscreen, bugdope, filletknife, extra oil, whistle, flairs,marker bouys, maps, leechtamer,ziplocks, garbage bags,spare oar.....

lifejackets, extra raingear, driftsock, binoculars, 1st aid kit, munchies, tunes,extra rope,dock bumpers,disposable camera, grease gun,rags, nail clippers, extra set of wheel bearings, basic tool kit, spare spark plugs, electrical tape,zipties, sunscreen, bugdope, filletknife, extra oil, whistle, flairs,marker bouys, maps, leechtamer,ziplocks, garbage bags,spare oar.....

Greasegun but no anchor? Anchor could save a boat from grounding or piling on the rocks iffin ones motor quits.

Shear pin???

Keep your manuals for your motors, electronics etc. in the boat, and make sure they are waterproof. Really, really make sure they're waterproof.

I keep a few basic, simple tools, and plenty of extra fuses. I make sure I know the screwdrivers, wrenches and fuses I have in the boat are going to be the right size for the things I can take care of myself. Electrical tape and zip ties.

Few extra towels and a few bandaids.

Extra keys, just in case.

Get a good sidecutters, and I highly recommend a Knipex brand. They cut through any sized hook, and on the first try.

Make sure you have a good place for the boat registration, you will likely be asked for it at some time during a check.

Tie a line to your throwable, ours is about 10 feet long or so, in case you ever need it and the first throw doesn't make it on target, you can pull it back. It also works nice to keep it tied and from flying out of the boat down the highway wink

I also find that a little bit of Johnny Cash helps the fish to bite, and also the occassional Van Halen smile

And double ditto to what PerchJerker said, especialy zip ties and electrical tape and bandaids, with maybe some neosporan as well... maybe just cause I am a clutz...

When I'm on the Great lakes I keep my flares, flag, ect on board and held marine radio. Small roll of duct tape, extra bug dope, and a small roll of emergency TP. In the glove compartment of the truck extra trailer bulbs, spare wiring harness, quick connect wiring ties, zip ties and electrical tape.

Tunrevir~

Extra prop for trolling motor, jumper cables, one of those red containers for the call of nature, and a fly-swatter. Jumper cables have saved my bacon more than once - can jump the starting battery from the trolling motor batteries. All it takes is to leave the wrong switch on between trips and you get to the next detination and nothing.

An extra oar, raingear, net, 2 anchors, tool kit, first aid stuff, extra trolling motor prop, sparkplugs, seat coushins, rags, a good nail clipper, toilet pAper, some fuses, depthfinder, bait, gulp alive!, and my fishing partner to net my fish!!!

And other stuff...

thanks guys! Walmart here i come! some of that's hilarious, but i can see where all of it comes in handy. hopefully i have enough storage. especially the keys from Pat K. I lost my truck keys on N. Long this winter. why do they have to put a chip in the keys these days? i think it was 75 to get a new one cut! good thing the wife is understanding when i'm freezing my tail off and brings me the other set. smile