• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone else ever loose their spare tire??

Anyone else ever lose their spare tire from under their truck? I have a 1997 F150 and noticed this weekend that my spare is missing, cable that holds it up is broke off clean, didn't even look rusty. Last time I used it was well over a year ago, and can't remember the last time I checked to see if it was there.... Guess it's time to make a trip to the junk yard to pick up another.

Aluminum wheel?

We replace them all the time because they get stolen. We had one truck in twice within a couple of months! The funny thing was he brought it in because the TPMS light was flashing. He looked at us like a deer staring into headlights when we asked him where his spare tire was!

It was a steel rim, but the tire was like new (but original). I don't think it was stolen, truck is parked in a garage and my parking lot at work is very busy. I guess the chance is there that it may have been stolen, but can't prove it.

No, but i've been in a vehicle and had one of the 4 good times come off shocked

It's not a good thing to go around a corner and see your own tire pass you up.

Been there, at the time it was far from funny but after a few cold ones, it was the joke of the day. Who would have thought a tire not mounted to the car would travel at a faster speed?????

No, but i've been in a vehicle and had one of the 4 good times come off shocked

It's not a good thing to go around a corner and see your own tire pass you up.

My 87 F150 had 4 lugs break off the left front, BAM thing went down, and there went the tire straight on down the road. Someone picked it up and brought it back to me. That was scary

Lost once plowing snow; '97 f250 powerstroke. Let me tell you it was no fun getting back in there. It got stuckk in the snow and stopped the truck. had to dig tire out from under truck barried in snow and in the dark in the middle of a cul-de-sac

I did on my blazer. I went in to get some new tires and i was going to have them switch out the spare for one of the ones that was being replaced since it was only 3 years old. They called me and asked me where it was at and I couldnt believe it. It was there when I got in the truck to drive up there. I guess it came off on freeway somewhere. I felt really bad because that could do some real damage if it hit someone.