• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kenora Area Question

Fishnut, don't know how far your going on it but that road can be kind of a nightmare. It is barely wide enough for 2 vehicles and is full of blind hills and curves. Just plan a little extra travel time, take it slow, and stay waaaay over on your side of the road in the curves and you'll be fine... Good Luck!

isn't the road that will take you to Grassy Narrows reservation? i remember a Jones Rd and yes the road has mucho curves and hilly. I was up there 2 years ago in the fall. I thought it was a fun road to drive but then I was following someone too. It is paved too by the way. Hey fishnut, next time you talk to dad ask him about it. and if you need to know anything else about certain routes in the U.S you can call me. lol

BD

It is the road up to Grassy as posted here as I can see it on the map. I don't care how windy the road is, it goes by a lot of lakes that seem to be off the beaten path. I see it as a place to do some exploring, especially if I can get your dad to come along and make an adventure out of it for a day or more.

Should be fun.

Fishnut

hey man that does sound like fun. I remember there was quite a few lakes like right off the road just a few yards. some of them even had a place to launch a boat. i remember one particular turn where you could end up in a lake if you didnt make the turn. pretty up there. i woulda called you tonight but its kinda late. plus my cell needs charging....and I had fish to clean....and i had to put my stuff away...and...

BD

Call me at home most any evening. I am going to try to talk to your dad tonight if I can remember to call before the head hits the pillow. Am making a panfish trip early Saturday if you are interested. Let me know if you will be in town.

BD

Saw you leaving church today. Was driving Nessa's car. Went Saturday to my buddy's house and between 5 people we iced close to 200 sunfish and 10 crappies. Me and the Bug had our limits of sunfish by noon. Spent all afternoon today cleaning fish and cleaning up the mess. They sure will be good to eat though.

fishnut,I realized it was you at the last second when we met on the road. had some people come over and I fired up the grill. With the vehicles you guys have you must take up most of the street by your house huh. wish i home to go with you on saturday. I didnt get home til about 130pm on saturday. might head up north next saturday and go for crappies. keep in touch and see what happens next weekend weather permitting.

BD

Took that panfish trip and did over 100 gills and 7 crappies for the day with 5 people. Bug really found the hot hole and her and I iced our limits by noon that day. Wound up with over 200 fish caught between all the people. Great trip to be there with the youngest daughter.

Fishnut

I was on that road today!!! actually I'm on it alot,, it's a great area,, the road is a bit rough lately, but still passable... lol

yep, that's the one that takes you to Grassy Narrows,, and beyond!! crazy