• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clear Lake Iowa Fishing Reports

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bite has been real slow so far with all this cold weather. There have been a few walleyes and that nice 47" muskie caught in little lake with Ventura Marsh flowing in there. Dredging is not supposed to be done until this fall.

clear lake got hit hard over the last few years. they had a real goot year class that got fished out. clear lake will be slow for years to come for walleyes. were is the slot limit for the lake?

I believe the slot is still 14" - 22" with only one over 22" with a daily limit of 3, but don't quote me on that. I think the lake should fish great. Last year we went in April and we had a good day, but 75% of the fish we caught were to small to keep. So if everyone is playing by the rules, than there should be a new batch growing into that slot limit this year. As for catching any of great size, I would say is not that great. Our largest fish last year was 19", with the keepers right at the 15" mark. You couldn't keep those yellow bass off the line, so it was fun.

Thats not true. We caught about a hundred saturday that were five to thirteen and a half inches lol. Out of all those fish we did get one keeper that was 18inches but that is pretty bad that we could only pull one keeper in. But on the good side it seems they have a good class of those that are a half an inch short which should be legal here soon, but it probably wont take long for them to get fished out. They definatly need to do something to this lake so this wont be a problem i think a slot would be the best thing for it i mean look at how spirit lake is.

Thats not true. We caught about a hundred saturday that were five to thirteen and a half inches lol. Out of all those fish we did get one keeper that was 18inches but that is pretty bad that we could only pull one keeper in. But on the good side it seems they have a good class of those that are a half an inch short which should be legal here soon, but it probably wont take long for them to get fished out. They definatly need to do something to this lake so this wont be a problem i think a slot would be the best thing for it i mean look at how spirit lake is.

We fished it hard all winter and spring. yes we caught a few keepers... but not many for all the hours we put in. Legal walleyes on clear lake are few and far between. FISHED OUT! I talked to 3 clear lake DNR this weekend and they say the same thing. talk to the DNR and other fisher man that know and fish the lake hard... wish it was not true:(

catch and release!

slot limit!

will be traveling to other lakes

This is true! Some one had to watch the the news? Help me out here!? It was on mid-day and at 1015pm. It was the highlight of the news today 5/14.

They report numbers are way way down. Few keeper eyes and a bad year classes to come. They blamed it on heavy fishing pressure, water quality, and the floods. People are bailing out of the walleye classic! Saying....its a waist of time and no fun fishing in a tourny when we are not cathcing anything. People are going to other lakes.

i also went to kimt.com and could not find the story!? idk y because it was a cover story for the news. Word will get around

DNR had to gill net spirt because they could not get enough walleyes.... that alone should tell us something. I did talk to the DNR and they said they did net a few big ones but not very many and the numbers were not there. If you watched the news you would of heard that. also they said that the fry walleye didnt do well at all do to the floods. numbers are way down, and walleye fishing is proving to be a waist of time on clear lake. Wait for walleye classic results....

It will rebound, walleyes run in cycles anyway. They always net Spirit, not just when Clear doesn't produce. I help net the IGL's and East, West and Spirit are netted, depending on weather one always outdoes the others. Maybe the yellow bass eat all the fry who knows.