• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help in the princeton/milaca/hillman area

eyestogills

Looking to take 10 year old daughter out for the first time turkey hunting. Not going until 5th seaeson. Anyone have any ideas on places or know someone I could contact for land permission. I would like to teach her some land owner respect also. So we could do some chores or something around the place.

Any help I would appreciate.

I work in the Milaca area and sounds like you are hoping for private land. I don't have a map of the boundaries between the areas but there is a lot of state land north of Milaca, some west and some east of HWY 169 and I have seen a lot of birds on the state land in that area. Not sure what 5th season means although I assume it to be later in the spring, I'd go check some of that and GPS if you find them good, however they might be in a totally different area by the 5th season, you'd have to scout close to your opening date.

Thanks Musky Buck. I do plan on doing just that if i cannot find some private land to take the daughter on. Just to nervous to be on public land with first timer. 5th season or E season is what I meant. thanks for the heads up.

If anyone knows any landowners with possibilities let me know. Not that many permits in that area, so number of hunters should be relatively small.

You can always contact the MN DNR and request a map of public lands and also contact the courthouse for that county to get a plat directory. It will show property lines and who owns the property.