• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swim Jigs

Craigums

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on using that "crazy legs chigger craw" for swim jigs too? I'm curious what you guys think.

RBG, I bet they would work. However with the more appendges, you will have to make sure the bait is on exactly straight or it will roll.

Thanks for the recommendations on jig size and where to buy the Brovarneys. Looks like the only way to buy them is on line via there web site. I like that they have starter kits that come with trailer grubs - may have to look at ordering one of those.

Nclaker, you wont be disappointed. The Brovarney boy's have spent alot of time building their product and it's top notch. I'm not a "staffer" for Brovarney so I dont get anything for talking them up, they just flat out are the best on the market.

Favorite colors?? or recommended starter kit?

FYI on their HSOforum they have a 1/4 oz starter kit with the following "This package contains everything to get you started throwing swim jigs. It contains 1 of each of our 6 best colors - Gil, Blue Bevil, Gringo, Fire Tiger, Lite Brite, and Brown Menace. It also contains 3 ten packs of 5 Mag grubs to trail them them with - Junebug, White, and Electric Blue."

I plan to order this and add sexy shad (love that color for cranks), barry bright, and PK gill jigs and a few other grubs colors. The pricing on these are very reasonable.

All the swim jig talk has got me very excited to try these out. The Brovarney site has a lot of helpful information on using swim jigs as well. Thanks again all for turning me onto these jigs.

For those that have a collection of swim jigs - what do you use to store them? Anyone use one of the Falcon tackle organizers specifically for jigs? Do you prefer these over the plastic Plano type storage trays, or are there other better options?

Thanks!

I have used the Falcon Tackle Organizers for spinnerbaits and buzzbaits and really like them. I just wish they were a little easier on the pocket book. I saw some FTO Jig binders at Fleet Farm the other day for 20 bucks. I think jigs are fine in Plano boxes for the most part though.

Brovarney is from Wauwatosa WI. All jigs are hand poured and hand tied. Unlike rubber band style skirts, the material does not come apart. I support USA made products when ever I can.

I do not want this to turn into a "his jigs are better than mine" post about all the different jigs out there. It is all in what you like.

They do come individually package in small plastic bags. Fit great in plastic containers.

Hiya -

Between Outkast, All Terrain and Brovarney, you've got 3 very good, local companies to support. Cool deal, at a time when so much of our tackle comes on from overseas.

For storing jigs - swim jig or flipping - I actually really like the Plano Flip-Siders. Same size as a 3700 so it fits in my tackle bags, and it holds a ton of jigs. I have a soft side bag that holds 2 3700-size boxes, and to 3600-size. It has all my jig and trailers. Works for me, but I haven't tried the Falcon boxes or jig wallets.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm