• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chesapeake's appetite

LABS4ME

Tell her she's a Lab and she'll start chewing on shoes instead! grin.gif hehehe You probably need to catch her in the act and stop the activity. Also get her in the habit of chewing only on Nylabones or cow hooves or something substantial.

Good Luck! Ken

Hey Labs,

And for goodness sakes don't let 'em eat corn cobs. My 18 month old must have ate one about a week ago and it became lodged firmly in his bowels. Now he has about 15 staples in his stomache that cost me about 100 bucks each! Dosn't bother him though...3 days later he's walking around the house with a frisbee using the "pity me" eyes to try and get someone to throw it for him.

Prolly have to sell the boat you sold me just to pay the vet bill!

Nick

PS - the plug was in the boat. And I thought you said driving a boat onto a trailer was easy. I know there was a certain dock fisherman at a certain public landing in southern Minnesota this past Saturday that would testify to my lack of boat handling skills after that one! To bad I can't practice that in my driveway.

I swear, I think my dog is part beaver. She eats every single dry stick she can find. Has anyone had this problem, if so how did you remedy it? Sometimes I swear I could use her stools for fire starters! Thanks for any info.

Aside from landing the craft, how did the maiden voyage go? Everything check out? Hope she treats you as well as she treated me! You can e-mail too if you wish.

Good Luck! Ken

Welcome to the world of wood eaters!!! it seems to be a necessary part of their diet. Mine does it too. As long as it is not treated wood, too sharp, or painted you are doing well. There does not seem to be a good substitute that they choose to chew up either. Better than table legs and window sills!