• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problems with Lund Boat Seats

SimilarIsland

I have a 2009 Lund Outfitter 1750 SS with probem seats. They worked fine the first few times out and then they began to stick folded down and then stick folded up. Eventually they broke the plastic hinge cover in the back. I returned two of them this winter and Lund sent me new ones. Well now all three are sticking. My dealer says nobody else is having trouble with this type of seat and I find this hard to believe. I'm not doing anything out of the norm that I can think of. I'm sure Lund will give me three new seats. I really don't want three more of this type of seat if they're going to continue to fail. Any suggestions how to handle this or similar experiences? Here's a pic of the seat before the hinge cover completely broke off and one after.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

Sorry Northlander, Lund wanted the old ones from the dealer before they'd give the dealer new ones. I'm sure they'll want these three back, but if they don't.......... That's another bad part of this deal, I'll have to be without any seats for a couple of weeks.

Bass N Spear, the dealer said they'd call Lund Monday, but maybe I should call too.

Thanks Wish I were Fishn.

I have one of the 2008 seats in my boat (as well as a couple 2007 seats). It looks similar to the one you have and it worked just fine all last season. I never expierienced any problems like you encountered. I also have never used any sort of lube on the hinges, nor do I think it is ever required. Did they make some sort of change between 2008 and 2009 that's not readily apparent? You might want to tell Lund to replace your seats with 2008's. Of course, I have yet to use my boat this season, so time may still tell.

Thanks Steffanf,

At first I figured I may have gotten a bad batch, but after replacing two of the three and still having problems, I'm baffled. My dealer is just looking at me like I'm abusing these things or something. I've searched the internet and can't come up with any other problems with these seats. I keep my boat in the garage where it's not below freezing very often and it hasn't been very hot to warp the plastic. It's always covered when I take it to the lake. 50% of the time I fish by myself, so there's no wild parties jumping up and down on these things. I just don't get it. I'll ask them tomorrow if they changed anything. Thanks.