• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Little Things

I took a walk this morning thinking the grouse just might be starting the "drum" thing....I did spot one lone grouse but he spotted me first...end of that theory! grin...but also figured as long as I was out there this gray, wet, white snowy day....I'd snap a few images of things that we ordinarilly would pass by as we stroll along the trails....also heard geese honking in the distance this quite peaceful morning......a sure sign of things to come!

thistle6.jpg

hazel.jpg

and the first sign of true spring!

DSCN5265-3.JPG

We've all had these guys stuck on us!.... grin

thistle9.JPG

Thanks Ranger....I guess these images bring out the "naturalist" tendencies in me (which I've always had since I was a kid I guess)..these tiny ,the "insignificant" little things are in and around our lives each day and rarely get any recognition but certainly add to the total beauty of everyday life in the outdoors.....We're so used to these everyday natural items in our lifes that they certainly and usually do get passed by ...glad there's others out there that see these "incidental" little things ....they can and do add "beauty" to our life's however so subtly...it's what "nature" is after all....

Excellent images, the thistle image is VERY nice. My son and I were taking turns throwing the little balls (featured in your last image) at one another's shirts the other day. They really stick well to cotton t shirts, those barbs are a fantastic natural design.