• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring, Summer & Fall

The forum always gets a little quieter compaired to ice season. Last open water season we stayed much more active and this year should be better.

I'll do my part with the trout soon. Sitting here tying up some Copper Turret Nymphs. Also some calftails for pannies cool

Some get-togethers are indeed needed...

I will try to do my part and post for the local streams in Madison county aswell. The last few yrs my open water adventures have suffered. But since My little blonde monster is getting to be a real (big girl) in her words, Im thinking the summer time fishing will pick back up for me and the family. However if any of you have an opening on your boat for the ice out perch I would be more than happy to fill it for you!!!

Hey Jay???? Are the picture posting restrictions the same for open water as they are for ice fishin?? Example: Pic of me in the kitchen with a 20" brown I got out of oneida creek in munnsville. would this be allowed?

Thunder - I found that recipe on the cooking forum here. I'll find it for ya. The batch I made with jalopenos was awesome. I havent tried the jar with beet horseradish in it yet...

Callie-mon - Rules are the same. Here they are copy and pasted. Bring the camera with you cool

Dead Fish Pics Rule

We do respect legitimate harvest of fish and do so ourselves. We are very high on selective harvest for wise stewardship of our lakes, rivers and streams.

The responsible thing to do on a heavily traveled site like this is to heavily promote Catch, Photo and Release and especially selective harvest which has a CPR theme running through it, with photos in these forums.

Besides encouraging Selective Harvest we also encourage cameras in the boat for better looking photos to be taken. This provides one less reason to keep a fish, the photo proves you caught it and it sure looks a LOT better here and in your photo album.

We're looking for fish pictures in good taste that encourage selective harvest principles so the dead fish rule is as follows: Fish pictures must be in the natural environment where the fish is caught that do not look frozen, stiff, bloodied or look like they were just poured out of a bucket and no stringer or fish in a bucket pics. Fish Mount and live release tournament pictures are ok as well. All other dead fish pictures are not allowed.

DC,

Thanks. I agree with the rules 100%. For the record the only reason the brown I mentioned was kept was as a trophy for the wall. No its not that big of a brown but it was my biggest. And the fact that it came from where it did was a story in itself. I have what I call "trophy" size requirements for my self that keep 99.9% of my fishing C&R.

Thanks for the info and I guess I need to go buy myself a camera to take along on the fishing adventures..

Ice-Cali-mon-1603 - The price on digitals and what they can do is awesome these days...

One of the reasons I got involved with this site is due to thier rules and policys. I cringe when on other sites and see the infamous "fish in sink" pictures or the "on the newspaper" shots. Nothing wrong with keeping fish, we eat more than should probably be allowed, lol. Although I do wish all walleyes over 24 inches HAD to be released whistle They dont eat well and a killed 28 incher will never be a 30. But I digress...