• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice looking Flat man!

These pictures are from 09 May 2009 (Saturday night) ... landed five Flats, Jeff (MinnesnowtaWild) landed two ... We also hit our first double together ... so that was pretty fun! I lost two big kitties, one threw the hook after an epic battle, and the next one (five minutes later) broke the line.

DCFC0012-2.jpgFish number one (landed anyways) for me of the night. Took a 12" Sucker minnow! - After losing both those big girls, I wanted to go big or go home, unfortunately this little turd took the cake.

DCFC0011-1.jpgHere is a view of the Sucker in that little kittie's mouth lol

DCFC0020-3.jpgFish number two for me ... again, nothing special

DCFC0017-3.jpgJeff with his first cat of the night ... pretty little critter

DCFC0025-2.jpgMe with another little gal

DCFC0024-2.jpgFlat numero cuatro for me

DCFC0029-3.jpgAnd the double. (Fish number 5 for me, two for Jeff ... a real treat to hit a double)

DCFC0033-2.jpg... And the release ... not a bad night!

Measurements of our fish will be up later, left my log book in my car, and I'm not motivated enough to go out and get it lol

haha yeah that was really something else I tell ya! I am amazed time and again by the size bait Flats will scoop up ... heck, we have tried multiple live suckers on the same hook, fish still take it! lol

Thats a good technique. Frustration when the fish turns the hook back into one of those bait profiles though.....thats fishing though. Cat might not have bit in first place but the fish saw your ad ; buy one get the second one free. laugh

lol looks like you guys have found the nursery
No kiddin ... from the looks of it, we could have used the majority of ours as bait for your profile pic man! Such a beaut... how did she measure out? Thing makes me shiver ha

No kiddin ... from the looks of it, we could have used the majority of ours as bait for your profile pic man! Such a beaut... how did she measure out? Thing makes me shiver ha

I think that one was 44lbs..looks bigger though

Originally Posted By: nsnutter

I think that one was 44lbs..looks bigger though

Thing looks like it ate an inflated inner tube ... I am ready for a monster like that, time to let the toddler's be for a bit and target their MILF's ... (Mom's I'd Like to Fight of course)

It's not the biggest, but my 11 year old Grandson Noah, got his 1st.

NoahsstFlathead.jpg

In my excitement of posting the pic, I forgot that he also did a great job of cleaning up the mess that was left behind by the previous visitors to the spot. Grandpa started picking up some of the blue worm containers, and he got all the beverage containers and the fish line. I was really proud of him for doing that! smile

Tom that is great! Your grandson will always remember that one smile

Nice flats again guys. That there is proof of a healthy current population of younger, yet getting big enough not to mess with size fish and a nice future to look foward to wink

4WE,

100_0485-1.jpg

This guy looks very familier confused. I hate to ask, who is he (first name) if you can. Was he at the BPCL metting the other week?

Nice fish though smile