• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom you must have been very proud of your Grandson ... it's great to know that the youth of our day and age are still being exposed to hunting and fishing instead of just rotting away in front of a television screen. How wonderful of you to take him out with you!

Yes still running the big boat, at least for a few more weeks.

If you know that spot from that picture, you are good grin

Although, I am sure you have been past many times.

yea That tree on the left gives it away gringrin

one more question for ya from joey the fisherman he wants to know if you found your rope? whistle

It's not the biggest, but my 11 year old Grandson Noah, got his 1st.

NoahsstFlathead.jpg

In my excitement of posting the pic, I forgot that he also did a great job of cleaning up the mess that was left behind by the previous visitors to the spot. Grandpa started picking up some of the blue worm containers, and he got all the beverage containers and the fish line. I was really proud of him for doing that! smile

Great work on both accounts; catching the flattie and teaching him good stewardship of the waterway.

I was down by river today and there a [PoorWordUsage] grill gettn lappped by the river on a shoal. frown. Late last fall Henderson access I ran into one of Hotpockets buds(Grant?) I think fishing along shore and we both were quite impressed with the computer monitor that was left at waters edge on access by some tool. Took it home and recycled it. Teach them young....good work Tom.

One of the worst 'finds' I found shore fishing was when I was pushing a stick in to hold my rod. There sticking needle side up was a lovely syringe. You think we didn't keep eyes in the back of our head that night?

One of the worst 'finds' I found shore fishing was when I was pushing a stick in to hold my rod. There sticking needle side up was a lovely syringe. You think we didn't keep eyes in the back of our head that night?

I know it sounds weird, but did you look to see if the liquid was clear, It very well could have been a diabetic that misplaced it while putting it in his bag. Or you may very well have had a wild junky on the lose.

Nothing was in the needle and it did not look like a worm blower. It was definitely a hypodermic needle. It was a shore spot in the cities, so I have a hard time believing it was an innocent needle.

If you happen to find my "rope" there would be a reward for it! I may sneak out Thursday as well.

no reward needed Scott just happy to help out. maybe we'll see you out there I think I got Nick talked into going. we''ll see if the whip gets cracked. and if hes not going I'll probally have his boat unless I drag mine down.

well i seen ec30 06 and dachise on the river hope they had better luck than we did I brought my nephew out on his first flat fishing trip and he had one run but the fish dropped it. Ialso had one run and no go. but he had a great time and he cant wait to hit the riv when the flatties really turn on.

No luck with the rope either Scott will try again when I'm back that way. also I talked to Virgil on the phone and he said he just got out of the Hospital and is going to take it easy for a while he had fluid on the lungs. so our thoughts and prayers go otu to you Virgil. GET WELL SOON cause you need to be fishing.