• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Go Go Gomez

alwaysonthemove

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty funny right there. I don't think the Twins are playing any fantasy games. I thought we were talking about opening night lineup. I'll stick with mine.

Opening Day Lineup:

Gomez

Casilla

Crede

Morneau

Cuddyer

Kubel

Young

Redmond

Punto

Opening day is against Seattle. Probably will start Felix Hernandez. I would assume you will see Span's left handed bat in the lineup and one of righties on the bench. That puts Span in CF or RF, where he is most comfortable and more than likely which puts Young in the lineup for LF. If Span starts in left I would take that as a sign that Young is the 4th outfielder.

Span has been playing all OF positions which tells me he's going to be the utility guy. Young, Gomez and Kuddy have only been playing their normal positions.

I see Span playing for all three these guys on a pretty consistant basis. They'll probably all see about the same number of innings, at least till Mikie gets hurt again.

You're right though, if they start a right handed pitcher Span may be in the game. Interesting to see who he replaces. My guess? GoGo.

Hey if I had Carlos Gomez or Denard Span playing next to me I would probably shag to the ball if it was hit in that direction too.... those guys have to carry fire extinguishers with em when they run the inflatable toilet turf starts on fire!! Delmon will turn out to be an exceptional hitter, especially if he can lose about 20 pounds of that baby fat yet...

Just for Sled head

You gotta problem with my expert analysis always?? smirk

From Sporting News:

Delmon Young went 2-for-4 with a solo homer Monday as the Twins topped the Orioles 8-7.

Fantasy spin: He also didn't ground into even one double play, though that may be because the bases were always empty for him. Young is batting .341/.370/.614 with three homers this spring. It's going to be very interesting to see how the Twins set their lineup if Young keeps hitting like this. Denard Span is hitting just .157/.232/.275 through 51 at-bats.

I bet the Twins will use the Rondell Technique with Span and keep throwing him out there until either he starts hitting or is batting under .100.

This really sux cause it will probably mean balls bouncing off the RF's head/and playing line drives on the hop if Span gets benched.

Sled Sled Sled- you are the only and I mean only one that thinks Cuddyers D is inferior to Delmons. There are a few on here that want to give Delmon a chance, and if his bat is what they say it is- I wouldn't mind it either. But, his "D" is absolutely horrendous, and I don't want to wait until mid-late June for an everyday player (who is supposed to be a "power" hitter) to hit his first HR of the season. I seen Delmon chase more balls to the fence in one season than I ever have Cuddyer. I will give Delmon some credit, if we need someone to plunk an ump with a bat in a fit, he's the guy

It was his first year at a new position. Remember the Cuddyer experiment at 3rd? Probably the worst converted 3b in Twins history. Give Delmon a chance, if he gets to Cuddyers age and has Cuddys stats, then we can call his career a failure.

I haven't seen to much of the Twins this spring and what I have heard is Span sucks right now and will start the season on the bench. Delmons bat is doing OK, but no where to put him on the field, because of his defensive flaws, and he has some big time.

Cuddy will be in right, and Span and Delmon to split duties in left. Might see Delmon in the DH role spelling Kubel and left handed pitching.

I see Morneau finally got a dinger or 2 this week.

G.C.

Catching a fly ball and fielding 100+ MPH line drives and grounders are 2 different things though. I think right now Sled, the way it looks we are both gonna win our little side bet, looks like Delmon and Cuddyer, along with Spans bad play has put himself on the bench and will be the odd man out. I am happy with that- I just hope Delmon doesn't wait til June to hit some dingers.

what I don't understand is that Young was playing out of his usual position in left last year and he had some problems with it. So if Cuddyer is such a strong outfielder, why don't they put him in left and have young play his usual spot in right?

They need to let gomez play same with Span and young they are young and only going to get better with experience i think they should have shopped cuddyer in the off season i mean i like him alot but i think its time to move on and let the young pups play and let them get better. So span has struggled this spring but name one person who does not go through a slump or two? Just on .02

Span's our leadoff hitter. Book it. Noone else with speed on the team sees enough pitches and has approach at the plate that Spansy does. Mauer does, but he is out.

Span

Casilla

Kubel

Morneau

Cuddy

Crede

Catcher

Punto

Gomez

Young starts on the bench, although I would rather it be Gomez. Young's a much better hitter. Gomez is great in the field, but if you MUST play Cuddy, which Gardy will, then Gomez is the one who sits.