• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Go Go Gomez

alwaysonthemove

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Span will start the year as lead-off hitter, but Gomez will have a higher batting average than Span this season. It is only a matter of time before Gomez solidifies himself as the Twins' leadoff hitter.

I think putting him in the #9 slot takes a little pressure off of him and that's where he will be. I do think he's got the potential to be a #1 or possibly even #3 batter in the long term.

It's the middle of March... I am not worried about Span at all. He is just starting to find his stroke. I still see him being much more consistent that Gomez at the plate, so I'd say the Twins should leave Span leadoff and Gomez as the second leadoff hitter at #9.

I think Span had a couple hits and a homer yesterday.

Id like to see Gomez lead off though.

Gomez

Casilla

Span

Morneau

That looks good

You didn't just put Span in the #3 spot, did you?

Span leads off unless spring training trends for him and Gomez continue a couple of weeks into the season.

We all have to remember that Span is a lifetime .250 hitter in the minors with 1/2 a season of outstanding big league play. Hopefully, he will be fine but you won't find me surprised if he comes back to earth some. Gomez is no different really. Unproven past and loads of potential. They both need to play at a high level for this team to succeed.

With Mauer out as of now, I dont know who else ud put there. I wouldnt pull crede out of the fifth spot. 3rd spot i think is the best as of now.

I think hes got more power than gomez and casilla. Casilla wouldnt be a bad idea for lead off either, i think he hitting almost 500 this spring.

I hear what you are saying if Mauer is out but I don't think Span will be the guy. His inexperience, poor spring, and value at the top of the order would keep him from the spot. I know what you mean about not messing with the rest of the order but your 4th and 5th guys lose their importance in those roles if you don't have a quality #3 in the lineup. I think you would see Morneau, Crede, Kubel or even Cuddyer (just for you Sled grin) in that spot before Span.

I see Span on the bench. I think our 4 outfielders will all play about the same amount of games with Span playing all three positions to spell the other guys.

Opening Day Lineup:

Gomez

Casilla

Crede

Morneau

Cuddyer

Kubel

Young

Redmond

Punto

And I like it.

Hey if I had Carlos Gomez or Denard Span playing next to me I would probably shag to the ball if it was hit in that direction too.... those guys have to carry fire extinguishers with em when they run the inflatable toilet turf starts on fire!! Delmon will turn out to be an exceptional hitter, especially if he can lose about 20 pounds of that baby fat yet...

Just for Sled head