• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Ramblings and Reports

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went on a walleye misson today fished the barge canal NADA not even a snag grin.I proceeded out into the lake and made one drift SLAMFEST 3 waldo's in a row they were within a couple hundred yds of each other 12 to 14 fow.So much for the light and variable winds today a good couple feet chop out there crazy.

Have a good friday and weekend all. Im outta here in about an hour till sunday. Work detail at camp on sat but some fish to catch today and tomorrow first. Tank took off at day-break and called with a limit of eyes a few hours later. The weather is horrible for it but im chasin trout with the flyrod... cool

Yuppie!!! Took a break from the bathroom remodel today. Took the princess to gramma's farm and hit the creek in munnsville for some trout. Couple little ones and a 16" sucker. nasty critters they are. Hopein to prime and first coat of paint Sunday night or Monday, Then dura rock, Vanity, tile, SH--ter and trim work and it will be done... Then I can get back to fishin!!!!

Calli, Tank, and I the only ones fishing? Reports, lets have em...

We had a nice bunch of days. Got down the river on thursday just as it started raining fairly hard. Went to the cabin to see who was around. About an hour later the rain stopped so I hit a nearby rift and the rain started up again frown But a few blue-winged olives were hatching. A short time later I was tight to a nice trout. He cleared the water about 2 ft and was off. Missed one more then the rain stopped with about an hour of daylight. A few sulphers started comming off and a few cast later with an emerger I was hooked up. A nice battle and I netted this wild 16 inchish rainbow...

107gds.jpg

Fished till dark and missed two more, also got this picture...

109z.jpg

After a good breakfast we headed out. Tank went after eyes and picked a nice limit in a few hours. I stuck to the flyrod and had a tough time as the rain has brought the flow up a tad and had quite a bit of junk flowing. Missed one and landed a small bow. But I was blessed with an encounter with a blad eagle. I was fishing down through a rift and he hopped up on a dead tree right across the river from me...

113v.jpg

I actually got video of him flying away. I'll upload that later...

Had a big fish fry with about 15 of the guys friday then snuck down the river for the last hour of the day. Landed 2 small 12-13 inch trout and got spanked by an upper teen cool

Saturday we did all the work on the cabin. New shed, and stove, plus a nice new walkway. On either side of the walkway at the end we placed these stones a member made.

Del-Oak Rod and Gun Club...

121o.jpg

124j.jpg

125q.jpg

I never got a finished picture because the big rains came as we got everything done. And rain it did for what seemed like the whole night. The river was flowing like chololate milk and very high so we just came home after breakfast today...

Nice pics Jay my camera is broke I could have had allot of pictures to take of all the fish I didn't catch because I didn't fish much this weekend.I might have fished a couple times if I had some weight in the front of the boat but somebody didn't call me back crazywhistle.I am going this morning no pics my camera ran out of film crysmirk.

Tim, give me a call on your lunch hr on my cell we will set something up for wednesday winkgrin.

Jay - What can I say? That was some incredible video and awesome pics. You guys rocking the Del Oak upgrades are sweet what a camp...

Todd - I am screwed for Wednesday... cry I thought I was clear but picked up 3 games. 4:15 in Holland Patent, 8 and a 9:30 p.m in Utica. Sorry buddy right now the only days I have off for the next two weeks are the 25th Memorial Day and Saturday the 30th. I had 3 games Saturday and I had 3 more games yesterday plus Amanda's bowling birthday party. June is coming and things will start thinning out a bit, I hope...

Just got back from e banks caught about a dozen big Gills,1 rainbow a few largemouth and a $hit load of slimedarts It was a good morning.I also seen a deer swimming across the res and if anybody knows birds I seen a scarlet tanger one of the coolest looking birds ever I haven't seen one in really long time that was cool.

I'm here, I've just been working, turkey hunting / guiding and have a complete bathroom project going on. The guy doing it is slower then a snail shiiiitttt but his work is good, it should be done tomorrow and then I can prime and paint it then get the family back to normal life. I haven't even put the boat in the water yet, I've done some work on it (wiring) and put the new fish finder on. I'm dieing to get out and get some pannies and eye's but from what I've heard it's been really slow and with these hurricane winds I don't think I've missed much out there. I've been hunting this old arse bird the last 4 days and he's put the slip and me all 4 but almost ate some #5 Winchesters today. He's huge with some really great hooks but has a 4 inch beard and I passed him up last weekend in some tall weeds, all I could see was his beard up but I had the safety off and the red dot right on his head and my gut was telling me to pull the trigger but I didn't and sure enough he got in a field and I put the bino's on him and almost puked for not pulling the trigger. I got some video of him last night going to roost and hoped to seal the deal this morning, he was all by himself and tripled gobbled at me every time I softley tree yelped at him. I got close enough to see him on the roost this morning hoping to get in his comfort zone. Well I did my fly down cackle and he just sat on his limb strutting for and hour and 15 minutes this morning and refused to fly down until 3 hens came to him and off he went. My biggest bird I shot 3 years ago did the same thing and sad as it is I rolled him off the limb at 9am after putting the slowest and most painful stalk on him. He had 11 1/2" beard, just over 1 1/2" spurs and 24 lbs.

No meltdowns tonight, the yahoos are thinning out. Tank and I fished a few hours and picked our limits plus let go a pile of just shorts...

Todd - A few years ago I fished eyes like 8 nights in a row. The brain starts to turn to pudding but you can jig jedi style with your eyes closed...

You guys ever catch or see any hellbenders in the susky anymore? DEC is really interested in any sighting

I finally have a semi decent report to give after a 2 month hiatus, I've been out at least 6 hours a day since ice out with the exception of maybe missing 3-4 days. A few times I was out over night trying to get some good fighting fish. Caught a 28.5" Catfish couple weeks ago and a few carp, but today I was finally able to find some Eyes. Till today I had caught none since season opener, today I caught 7 beautiful Eyes. Of the 7, four were keepers, and I brought home 3 the biggest being 21+". It felt so good to have my dry spell broken. I also tail hooked a large carp today fought it for about 10 minutes or so before the hook tore loose,a great fight indeed. Sorry I was so long winded, AL

Great post guy's! Jay, another good weekend with you and Tank! You should look into writing a biography about fishing with your Dad. You have enough pictures for illustrations and such. Just a thought.

Got to LOVE the Eagle! What a AWESOME BIRD!!

Fished in the boat late this afternoon with the iceman put some Waldo's in the bucket cool they were hitting pretty good on hair tiped with worm.I can say the wind and the rain deffinatly helped fish were caught in 10fow and less wink.Back at it again tommorow grin.

Nice reports fella's... Cali and Todd release one for me guys thank you! Had to ice my non-surgical knee last night, feels a bunch better today and WOW... I only have to ump one game tonight, nice..