• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Ramblings and Reports

Well the darkness didnt keep the people away but the fish were there also. Picked and worked around the people and we caught a good 2 dozen eyes, 8 keepers. cool 1/8oz jigs and whatever plactic tail you wanted...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we hit the big O saturday night with the boat about 730pm and stayed till bout 1030..... got one nice perch... and 5 waldo's between me kyle and my dad... lost about 10 more.... we didn't hit the canal main lake just outside the wall... 3 were in the 20-22 inch range... not a bad night.... and OMG it looked like the Salmon river out there.... Crazy people... was nice to have the boat to get a little space.

And no gobblers.. i was working all weekend.. but my dad and kyle had them going.. but couldn't bring them with in range... I say cause i wasn't calling smile

Nice report Jimi!

Where is everyone??? I know Frankie got a bird this weekend(although deep down I think it ran in front of his truck).

Lee - You had to have put some lead to a bird?

Thunder n Cali - Whats the dilly?

AW - The sox are up 6-3. God I'd love seeing them go into that new stadium and win...

Fullmoon - where ya hideing?

Others -???

I hit the river solo tonight, plus the 18 yahoos fishing where there is room 6. I weasled in and picked a limit of eyes in about an hour, plus caught a bunch of shorts...

Nice work Thunderman, I left a message on you cell after the game beotch.. laugh

Amanda's Birthday today guys... Can't believe the baby is 10 yrs old. already. Gotta stop saying she's the baby... Time flies even faster when you hit your 40's... Schedule looks great for fishing as I am only working Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week crazy

I'm here. I put one on the ground opening day and have guided 3 kills. I've got my boat in fishing condition and ready to hit the water this weekend sometime. I did 80% of all the wirering in the boat and only have to replace a few switches and one fuse blade panel and put in a livewell reciculator. I'm going to fish for some walleye's but then I'm going to target the crappies and gills.

Yuppie!!! Im here..

I was with Todd and Steve for a short time yesterday am lookin at a camper. Nice to meet you Max and the guy drivein the dodge was cool too!!! So Steve was a decision made? Didnt get outta bed to go down to the canal this am for some early morn waldos but maybe this evenin or tmro am. My buddies are workin and shootin the buzzards. Now you know,,,,,The rest of the story!!

Got blown around by the wind late yesterday afternoon and evening in the thunderlund. Managed 1 eye, 1 sewer perch and 1 rockbass!!! slow is the olny way to describe it. Very negative bite..

If you want to really see a Thunderchum Meltdown...break his leader off or be around the Boat Ramp when it's windy and he is trying to load his boat...or better yet, watch him operate the Trolling Motor with a little wind and the fish are biting laugh

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I think he covered all of those the other night.. whistlewhistle Ummm yea, now that I think about it, all situations were covered. Broke off one of his favorite jigs right at the side of the boat. Wind was blowin us all over making it hard for him to fish and the boat did not want to be centered on the trailer at the end of the night. shockedshocked. I assure you there was a melt down. Not sure how major but melt down there was!!!

Was thinkin bout takin the grumman out tmro am but havnt seen the weather yet..

Fished off the pier last night for about a 1/2hr caught one smallmouth and then it started raining.I hate to say it but im getting burned out on fishing going to take it easy for a couple days tired.

Hey ThunderCoal...Vanessa just brought up a good point..."Has Todd taken his temperature lately" in regards to YOU being Burnt on Fishing cry

You have been going hard all Spring...now you have a taste of what FishingKing and I went through at the end of the 07-08 Ice Season crazy It does take it's toll, but well worth every second spent on the Ice/Water...Great Job Brother Todd, you have "Hooked Up" with a lot of Finned friends wink

No meltdowns tonight, the yahoos are thinning out. Tank and I fished a few hours and picked our limits plus let go a pile of just shorts...

Todd - A few years ago I fished eyes like 8 nights in a row. The brain starts to turn to pudding but you can jig jedi style with your eyes closed...

Tuzzy I can't post the walleye pic you sent me at work now??? Somethings wrong here will try again later...

P. S. Yankees losing streak continues... Pettit and Mariano give up 6 homer's not good...

In reference to Todd's meltdowns when the fish are nowhere to be found and all of a sudden after 4 hours of relentless fishing you catch that 1st crappie of the day and you think your on to something and you go to throw a cast right back in there but this time you miss and get hung up, so now your [PoorWordUsage] and your fishing buddy throws in there as you start retying your break off your buddy hooks up with one and another, and another right after the other.

In the mean time the smoke is coming from your partners ears not because he's retying oh noooo. It's the fact that he is also trying to control the boat position as the wind picks up 5 mph while he's tying.

All this while the guy in the front of the boat is telling him instructions to get the boat pack in position. grin Yeah Todd and I have made some minny classics out there. Definitely "Grumpy Old Men" material laugh

My son Josh and I went to the beach last night and fished the wall and the bathhouse area and caught NADA! I did see a couple eyes and bullheads with my headlamp, cruising the sand by the bathhouse but no biters