• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northwest Iowa Fishing Reports

sounds like a good outing. Walleye bite seems to be pretty good in quite a few areas around Spirit Lake. been catching some here and there but nothing crazy. have heard of a few guys really whacking them in the last week or so. glad to hear you had a good weekend.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Esox_Magnum
This snow will help thin out the crowds, may be snowmobile only for awhile. Picked mine up today grin

Thank the lord now you can call me again to go fishing since we wont have to drag your heavy arse house no more

Oh for you, I'll let you drag. grin

Im gonna go New Years day. Which one is College Island? I've fished the inlet and stoney point the last couple of years and done pretty well. Inlet was usually 6-7 ft of water, off stoney was 4-5..but at stoney, the bite was near dawn and dusk..im assuming cuz it was so shallow. I also found that the deadstick minnow was best...caught alot of big channel cats too..not really what im there for, but they sure put up a good fight!

I was thinking the same thing.Most everybody would leave right before sundown and the fun would begin.I had a wheelhouse so I would spend a number of nights out there with and pick up a few after 10 PM but the best was 4:30 to 6:00 and the same for the morning bite.The bite was good for 2 weeks until we got the snow perch bit good and the eyes would hit good at dusk let go a bunch of slot fish.I wish some the people wouldn't tie ther portables to my house and drill holes 5 feet from me there is 5000 acres of water out there.

Doubt it. Unless you have a plow and can plow a path out there.

I was on Angler's Monday and there is a BUNCH of snow out there, like everywhere around here. A few houses out there that were there before the big snow, and I'm wondering how they will get them off...maybe a tractor and a blower at some point. Slush on Spirit Lake is an issue too. On Monday the only traffic out there was foot traffic, snowmobiles, and a couple of guys who made a bad decision with a 4 wheeler grin Good luck.

Talked to a buddy today. I would like to make it up next weekend and get the house out. Is that even possible with all the snow you guys got?

You are still around? Good to hear from you Ed. I will be up there for the Boji Bonanza. Maybe catch up with you again.

Was just wondering what travel was like on the lakes with all of the snow. Kind of want to do some Ice fishing, but with 2 foot of snow on the ice I'm thinking it's going to be hell to get around on the lakes. Anyone Have any insite on what travel conditions are on the lake.

I was down there this morning and it is not good out there foot travel or snowmachines only.Driving out with a truck is not possible at all unless you want to dig out every 10 feet.We need a few days of melting and then turn cold and then maybe.

good luck

Yeah, I am still around. Had all of my fishing gear stolen except for my ice house. Haven't had the time or energy to replace it.

I will be up for the get together next weekend. I heard there were guys plowing out there but I can't confirm it. I will drag the sled up next weekend just in case I can't get the wheelhouse out.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.