• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

EXTREME SHEDDING

HEDHUNTER

MY CHESSY WAS SHEDDING ALOT. THE VET SAID IT IS SOME KIND OF SKIN IRRATATION. SHE PROBABLY LOST 1/3 HER COAT & NOW HAS TO STAY INSIDE.THEY SAID IT MIGHT BE THE STRAW IN HER HOUSE, BUT SHE THROWS EVERY THING ELSE OUT. ANYONE ELSE EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

My brother has this problem with one of his Muensterlanders[they look like spanials], but his only gets it in the summer. He loses almost all the hair on his belly. They haven't found a cure, but cortisone shots seem to help.

How old if the dog? I have had an occasional problem with some dogs when their hormones get out of whack or they have on onset of a thyroid deficiency. Hairloss and sluggishness along with other things are signs. Have you changed foods lately? Is the dog sick otherwise?

I knew a guy that had a chessie and she had an allergy to the yeast in her food they would switch food all the time trying to find a better one, This dog looked awful I would say that she lost over 90 percent of her hair!

Hey Hedhunter Iused to feed national but my supplier does not sell it any more were do you get yours from. I went online to there web site and the only seller in MN was in Cook, MN. To far away for me, let me know were else it is sold, THANKS JOSH

Was your female recently in heat? Our oldest female would blow her coat (almost bald) after a litter of pups. After a heat cycle she would get thin spots in her coat. Especially her belly and up the sides. This dog was a puppy machine. Didn't have to worry about keeping stray males out of the yard as much as keeping her in the yard so she didn't go searching for a male. She advertised also. Lay in her kennel and moan. Could hear it for 2-3 blocks away. Real spooky sound.