• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I would love to spend more time on Dells for muskies but the boat traffic in summer is a bit much for me. Now would be prime for both active fish and less recreational traffic - of course the bowhunting bug prevents that.

What part(s) of Dells have you been fishing muskieboy?

Cooter,

We fished random spots/stretches all over the place trying to see if we could find any fish. Only luck came when we found weeds close to deep water. There are a couple of weed points/flats on the river section that we hit, as well as some of the shallows by the islands. But if the weeds were in 2-3 ft we didn't have any luck. Only the deeper 4ft section that breaks into deeper water.

Trevor

The warm weather has brought out the river rats - have seen people fishing the city shops everyday since last Fri. I don't have any reports but will get to the river somewhere next week.

I went out Fri evening and got skunked, however it was right after that front and rain rolled through so conditions wise it couldn't have been much worse. Couple of my buds put in a Hobbs yesterday and caught a bunch of eyes included one over 5lbs which is big for around here.

I'm considering fishing the chippewa river (eau claire area) during the free fishing weekend in june. I have a 14 footer with 7.5 HP, and am wondering where a good beginner spot would be? Is the chippewa comparable to the croix as far as terrain and multi species? I'm for the most part a bass guy, but love to catch a who's who variety on the river smile

The Old Abe portion of the river(above Jim Falls) is one of the better stretches for smallies. All of the river, or at least from Holcombe down, is indeed multi species. Above that probably as well, I'm just not familiar with it.

The stretch below Wissota has a bunch of smallies also but they tend to be shorter on average, chunky little footballs but IMO Old Abe is better for size. Short stretch there of river(below Wissota that is), its only a few miles from the Wissota dam to the NSP dam in Chippewa Falls.

Pretty good for smallies below Eau Claire but you'd have to float downstream and then motor back up at the end of the day or bring a second pickup vehicle.

If you get things narrowed down or are looking for more info just give a holler.

I've floated that stretch a couple times, haven't tried any of the side channels. There's a nice deep pool on the first big bend downriver of the ramp at H. Fishing has been pretty good most days on that stretch. Its certainly worth giving a shot.