• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pointing Dog Clinic, Pointing trials

setterguy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setterguy, is there anything I can do to help? Has there been any thought about feeding us? I think I know someone who works in the food service industry that may be able to help. grin.gif Anyhow it's looking good for me to be there, so if I can help in any way, let me know.

Scotty

Sunday the 21st works even better for me.

I may have a problem though. My dog is GSP/Choc. Lab Mix. She is a highly intelligent dog and is doing well in the training I have done with her. I'm not sure what her pointing status is though. Some days she'll point and some days she won't. I understand that all of you probably have purebreed pointers and this is a "pointing dog clinic". So I am just wondering if I would be still welcome to this event?

Mayfly, I can't speak for everyone but I say of course your welcome. That dog will point I have no doubt. Can't think of a better place to get your feet wet and learn some tricks to bring out the instinct.

------------------
Will fish for work
Brian Rogers

Come one come all, Like I tell all my friends...I like all dogs, its some people I have a hard time with. I don't care if you want to bring a cocker spaniel to run around, this is going to be a real low key event with very little intense training. Aslo if any of you know guys that would be interested please invite them along.

I was just informed that the Brittnay club on Minnesota has changed the date for thier "fun run" to the 20th of March. Since they hold a permit for the event we get chucked to the side. Sunday March 21st is open, don't know if this throws a big wrench in things or not. Let me know what the consenses is. Sorry about the short notice but I just found out this morning. I hope we can make this happen, it sounds like we were going to have a good turnout.

If you want to attend, there will be a clinic that day. I am going to be there training with a few other guys, so if you want to attend just post a conformation here and let me know how many birds you would like. The cost will be 5 bucks a bird as I wasn't able to secure any pigeons.

I'm in but I don't know what I need for birds. I'm a rookie at this and my puppy is little. So I'll chat with Brian and see what he thinks we should do with Daisy. What time of day are we thinking of starting? Looking forward to seeing some dog training in action!

mm

I will be at the training grounds no later than 9am, hopefully around 8:30. Directions from TC.

Hwy 10W to 169N in Elk River, the training grounds are north of Milaca maybe 12-15 miles. Once you cross the Rum River look for two large radio towers on the west side of the road, They is located on the training grounds. There are two enterances to the grounds, we need to take the most northern access, to do this you will need to turn around on 169 and head south for about 1/2 mile to enter. Look for a Red extended cab Ford. If you are having any problems just give me a call and I'll get you there.

651-248-0155
If there are enough guys heading up from the cities we could meet somewhere and caravan it up...

[This message has been edited by setterguy (edited 03-09-2004).]

Setterguy- I will be there at 9am. When do you need confirmations for birds by? Thanks for directions.

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

Hi Setterguy,

I would like to attend the workshop on the 21st. I have a small munsterlander that I will be taking through the NA test in May, and I have a lot of work to do. I would like to know how exactly to register, and what we need to bring. I do a lot of training, like some of the people listed here, but haven't seemed to get it together for this pup. Please call or email me, so I can reserve a spot.

Aimee Martin
[email protected]
218-328-5987

Thanks a Bunch!

Unfortunately A conflict has come up and I can not make it to this one. I'm bummed. I was really lookinf forward to meeting you bird dog guys.

------------------
If I only had more time!

Brian Rogers

Just wondering if anyone knows how many people will show up? I'll be driving a couple hours and I just want to make sure there will be people....Its been kinda quite on here lately.

[This message has been edited by Mayfly (edited 03-20-2004).]

Mayfly - though I can't say for sure, it looks to me like there will be at least 5 of us (setterguy, mayfly, aimeeoutdoors, mistermom & myself), but I suspect there will be a few more coming?!?!

setterguy - any updates for us here?

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 03-20-2004).]

Fellas -

I had some minor surgery this past Monday, and all along I was making sure that I would be good to go for this clinic. All along the doc told me that there would be no problem with my mobility...what he failed to inform me of is the fact that the pain meds put me right on my back!! I tried to post this Thursday but my internet has been down at home for some reason. I had to talk my wife into driving me to my office just so I could get the message out. I am really, really sorry about the cancellation, I was really looking forward to it, as I'm sure that some of you were too. I hope that we can eventually get this thing done, I would really like to see you and your dogs. Again I apologize for the extreme lateness of this post but circumstances just aren't going to allow me to attend. This wouldn't have been a real big deal, I was going to have a buddy of mine there and he could have kind of run it except that his 86 year old grandfather passed away on Monday and he is spending this weekend out of town at his mothers. If any of you have any quyestions please feel free to call or leave a post. I hope that this message reaches everyone in time and that everyones schedules aren't to messed up.........

Again, sorry.