• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Mauer a lot of little problems

Dahitman44

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where is HR on that list?

Sorry, suppose i shouldnt be bias with the stats. The stats are also just for the catchers with the required amount of games

HR-7th

Heres one more for you

RBI+R-1st

So that gives him and the Twins the right to not take the begginning of the season seriously. I wish I had a job and get paid millions to play in the off season then when it comes time to work claim workers comp, so to speak.

Sure they can do whatever they want but jees they could at least try to make a better effort showing they are not taking the public, who pays there gluninist salery, for a ride.

Forgot to mention 4th in MVP voting

2008 AL MVP Award Voting

Dustin Pedroia, BOS 16 6 4 1 317

Justin Morneau, MIN 7 7 6 3 3 1 1 257

Kevin Youkilis, BOS 2 4 4 9 2 4 1 2 201

Joe Mauer, MIN 2 8 1 3 4 3 3 2 1 188

Carlos Quentin, CWS 1 4 8 4 4 4 1 1 160

Francisco Rodriguez, LAA 1 2 6 1 6 3 2 2 143

Josh Hamilton, TEX 2 2 3 7 3 2 4 3 112

Alex Rodriguez, NYY 1 1 4 1 4 7 45

Carlos Pena, TB 1 2 2 3 2 3 44

Grady Sizemore, CLE 2 1 5 6 1 42

Evan Longoria, TB 2 2 5 2 1 38

Cliff Lee, CLE 1 1 1 1 1 24

Miguel Cabrera, DET 1 1 4 1 17

Vladimir Guerrero, LAA 2 2 1 16

Jermaine Dye, CWS 1 2 2 14

Aubrey Huff, BAL 1 2 3 12

Milton Bradley, TEX 1 1 9

Jason Bartlett, TB 1 6

Mike Mussina, NYY 1 3

Raul Ibanez, SEA 1 1

Ian Kinsler, TEX 1 1

Ichiro Suzuki, SEA 1 1

Mark Teixeira, LAA 1 1

So that gives him and the Twins the right to not take the begginning of the season seriously. I wish I had a job and get paid millions to play in the off season then when it comes time to work claim workers comp, so to speak.

Sure they can do whatever they want but jees they could at least try to make a better effort showing they are not taking the public, who pays there gluninist salery, for a ride.

I dont agree with this either. If he needs surgery or what ever it should have been done by now. It kind of reminds me of the whole Gaborik thing where he knew he had a problem but waited and ended up playing six games on the season.

I dont agree with someone saying that he overated tho

MLB rankings 2008

runs 28th

hits 30th

hr 191st

rbi 57th

obp 49th

slugging 200th

end of argument

I didnt know you could compare some his stats to guys who only had 1 ab all season. Those guys shattered the old records for obp and avg with 1000. Wow, im surprised i didnt see that on espn that somebody hit 1000 for the season.

Next time you try to post stats get them right, instead making it look better for you argument.

Ill fix one for, who knows about the rest

MLb ranking OBP-6th

Wow we boys and girls, some of you need to take a chill pill. I guess to make everyone happy, all nine starters must hit over 300 and hit 30+ dingers and have over 100 rbi's per year. Would that please everyone, and if so GOOD LUCK to ya.

He is 1 of the top catchers in the league. Who else would you like back there besides Joe.

G.C

I agree. he has had durability issues but even so, catcher is one of the hardest positions to play game in and game out, they deserve some rest. he's a hometown guy and GOOD off-field minded one at that. He is the best all-around catcher in the league. I'll take on base percentage over 30 home runs in a year.

Walleyeslayr your full of it.

they deserve some rest. he's a hometown guy and GOOD off-field minded one at that. He is the best all-around catcher in the league.

I will agree that he is the best all around catcher in the league, no doubt. However, what gets me is the fans that say the same dribble coming out as here, "oh hes a home town guy, gosh, we love him so much".... yuck. What the he double hockey sticks does that have to do with anything? Are you getting any of his exorbinate salary? I know I'm not. Whether he could have done anything earlier I dont know but I'm going to take the position that he probably could and will not suck **** to make excuses for him mad Get in the lineup and perform.

I agree with ya The Donk, being a home town boy is not a big deal, and certainly has nothing to do with it.

Not to many hometown boys play with their hometown team I guess.

Like said b-4 it is a tough position and it will wear on you after a while. I don't think there is going to be an issue this year. He will be ready to rock and roll when the season starts.

G.C.

I have alot of respect for all catchers, crouching and kneeling like that for several hours a day, then be expected to spring up in a split second. If I kneel for 1 minute I have a hard time getting up, and I am really not that old. As for Joe, there isnt another catcher out there that I would want on my team. He has a great attitude, loves the game, and the pitcures feel comfortable to throw a curve/slider with a guy on third 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth, up by 1 run. What more do you want from a catcher?

how much a year does he make compared to A-rod, or Manny, or any of the other d a m n yankees. Not near what they do. The "exoberant" salary is yeah, way higher than what we make but not near the average for a player of his calibur. Yeah i can see the wah wah of hometown boy but i'd much rather have that than a steriod popping terrel owens attitude punk playing instead.

MLB rankings 2008

runs 28th

hits 30th

hr 191st

rbi 57th

obp 49th

slugging 200th

end of argument

MN Twin catcher 1st

99% of all MLB teams catcher 1st

Is he dating your ex or mom? What is your hatered toward him. If winning a batting title and one of the best defensive players makes him overrated then yes he is overrated.

I'm getting my popcorn and soda right now. I want to watch this. You're messing with Minnesotas golden boy. I've got no opinion. Just gonna watch. smile

LOL Koonie then this is for you- I'll admit, I have no idea what's wrong with Mauer behind on my news I guess, so if this is a fluke thing or what, but he does seem a little brittle and don't want to call him soft, cause I couldn't do what he does, but any injury to him it seems to take double the time for him to heal from then the average player.

I can't believe this is even a discussion. Mauer does seem to have nagging injuries and be a slow healer so people get frustrated and want him in the lineup. I think it has been shown that he is 2nd to none offensively in today's game at his position.

He is also a lot more durable than what people give him credit for. He played catcher in 139 games last year. 4th most in the majors. No one played more than 149 at that position. He played in 146 games total. Only 73 players played in more games than he did in all of baseball. Some of those even played that very rugged position of DH. Not bad for the most demanding position in the game.

He is the first catcher to ever win a AL batting title and the first catcher in either league since 1942.

For those of you complaining about his salary, I believe he is making somewhere around $6.5 million. A obscene amount of money for sure when compared to us regular stiffs but only 151st highest last year. I would say considering the market, he is a bargain.

He's the Kevin Garnet of baseball. Who cares? A bunch of nearly meaningless SINGLES! Nine homers and 60 RBI's average over 5 years. He's the most OVERRATED player in the bigs.

Are you related to PierBridge? Thats just plain Nuts my friend.... grin

hole4b10bc.png