• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot, sexy, new musky lures?

Scoot

Quote:
I would like to thank Don Rothmeier at Heckler Tackle

your welcome Chris. smile glad i could help.

at first i thought maybe this might be the wrong spot for this but then i remembered one of them i donated was a medium ''Ride''. sure it's a globe bait but there's enough about it to make it new and different. the unique prop placement creates a different sound than what's out there, along with the SS bearings, and gets that head spinning at different (faster) speeds as it gets closer to you. so just reeling the same speed it appears to vary speed all by itself, plus it changes pitch and get's vibrating pretty good. with no classic plop plop, but more of a wisshhhhhhhzzzzziiiyyyy (sorry best i can do) and splash sound. so it could be considered new and sexy i guess. and the ''Pester'' (not donated) is different with the dual counter rotating props with true thru wire construction. true meaning a completly straight single shaft with no bends. and SS/Brass hybrid bearings. the ''Needle'' is different too. so i suppose i have a few new and different ones.

right now i'm working on a Juggernaut top water but it needs testing and a good name. it won't be for the meek that's for sure. grin

again, i'm glad i could help your kid's if only that little bit. and thanks for the props wink ... no pun intended.

Custom lures are all new and sexy in my mind......and Don with the exception of the plain black ones all your lures are custom because no turn out exactly the same with your erratic patterns....kinda like snowflakes I guess but built much sturdier. I second Chris's Kudos........

Lots of new plastics this year that are really sparking my intrest.Jimmys and real fish should be here this week and The Medussas came in last week....Huge, these will be fun to toss

ebay011.jpg

lol, smeese. left to right theres nothing out there (from another source) like you have. lessee, left to right there's, medium ''Ride'', ''Badger WT'', 2 ''Super Taunts'', a full size ''Ride'', and the ''Needles''. i've come up with a new ballast/hook placement system for all of them but as usual it needs testing. those "Super Taunts" really kick and get that tail going (really helps the tail breath). hang on tight. grin ... oh, and even that custom tied angora rabbit walleye/bass/cat jig (on top) is found nowhere else.

edit: the colors i do are specific for contrast which is widely regarded as the best visual stimulant. and that black (glass black) is actually deeper than i've seen in other baits. look at it close smile then look at others.

I was at the NW sports show and notice at one A-Team tackle booth that Bob M was showing the Spin-Not thing. Supposed to keep your bucktails more horizontal in the water I guess. Has anyone used them and which baits are the more effective for?

I guess its mostly for trolling, which I do very rarely.

Saw the Spin-Not also. Not to keep your bait necessarily horizontal, but to get it down farther in the water column for trolling and to prevent twisting/rotation of the lure itself. Looks like a decent setup, and I will either get some or make some and give them a try.

yeah, that spin-not does look handy. a pack of three is cheap too. that would work great for dare develles and wigglers too i bet. just add a long leader and it's good to go. snipped bottom bouncers work great too but they are spendy compared to these. cool.

ok. update time smile

musky buster (holcombe tackle) as always has some different stuff. it seems they figured out flashabou on the topwalkers is a good idea for sales laugh . i've made a few ( larger ''Taunts'') over a few years, one for a customer last year that requested it that never got it, they seemed to tangle too much on itself unless i used the stiffer stuff. maybe MB figured something else out. props to them. also they have a super creeper. a creeper body that's got a big plastic tail... i never made one but i thought about it for testing this spring/summer, lol. dang it. those guys are good. cry ...and it looks like they got a few new bucktails. that creeper looks pretty sweet. BUT, i still have a card up my sleeve with a creeper style they didn't figure out... ''yet''. grin ... and my ''needle'' is like another lure but different in construction and components placement, size and shape. saw it today. older lure, since 2001. still different. i'll change it even more. anyway it looks like a few are coming out of the woodwork now.

Ok what's the deal with the flashabou topwalkers? Saw them at Thorne but didn't ask a muskie guy about them. Seems as though it'd be mighty hard to cast and it might get tangled up pretty good.

They sure did look sparkly and purty though smile

Quote:
Ok what's the deal with the flashabou topwalkers

yep like i said above unless they figured out how to use regular flashabou it's tough. i have it pretty well figured out but not completly. still a tangly mess of twisted plastic after awhile. and i'll be trying again this year so who knows? wish me luck? smile

Maybe not hot and new but sexy for sure and new to me. a couple I picked up at the Operation Muskie action. Can't wait to get them wet this spring.

Treats.jpg

Very nice, I bid on those a little, they sure went up and up!

I just ordered a Jimmy from Musky Tackle Online today and have heard this bait should post some good results this year. It is suppose to have different action them most tubes.

also I am excited for the pro dawgs to come out, I believe sometime in May. I also picked a Blue Fox turbo in the dble 10 size last week. Can never have enough bucktails.

Chad