• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat seats

canon

Is there a durable seat out there I can buy? I have a '91 classic deluxe Alumacraft? I bought some new seats from Gander last year and just like my old ones, the back gives out. I am a big guy but I must lean back too far. It is very uncomfortable with the back rest bending to far back. Just wondering if anyone knows of a durable straight back seat.

I would also look at the Tempress seat. I'm not a big guy but broke several after market seats before going to the Tempress. I found that the new and improved composite inner frame didn't stand up well to leaning back too far. I've had the Tempress seat in the boat for 2 full seasons so far with no issues.

My YarCraft is a 2003. I guess the only seat that I would have to replace would be mine, (Tiller seat). It's not ripped or anything, but it would be nice to get some of the newer designs (lower back support).

I HAVE A new yarcraft and 2 of seats lean way back

very unconfortalbe i hoping they replace them its over at the factory getting some other work and up dates on it 3rd seat was great justy not sure what happen to those 2 seats

i sat in a few of the lunds seats i saw at the docks where i dock my boat

i think if i was going to buy new seats i would take a hard look at those

Check out the Attwood Centric SAS seats. We got one to replace our drivers seat in 97 alumacraft, and it is GREAT! It has some built in suspension in the bottom which works great (me and bro are 260# fat dudes...) and it looks great, and back support. ]

Our old ones were really "bent backwards" so the new ones feel a bit odd to us. My bro made fun of me for spending $200+ on a seat, but after using it last year, he is going to fork over cash to get another this year. They really are great seats that I recommend highly. They are expensive though. I will tell you this, with a little searching you will find them cheaper than bass pro. Can't post here though, or I will get spanking wink

Good luck.