• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Could WE?

fishin58

Start an OPEN water post here. I am sure we have some neighbors from the south on here, Iowa, Nebraska Missouri....People that travel or are from an area where the ice is thawing or off the lakes. Keep it updated as the the thaw moves North.

I get you. As of today, we are locked with ice, roughly 12" in the far NE corner of Nebraska. High 50's today knocked it down some I imagine. I know from other sites that lakes are pretty much open in the south central regions and have been for awhile.

Not the norm at all. In fact this year and last we hit the 20ish inch mark. Prior to that, we had several years of 6 to 8"'s. Global warming?

Good thread btw, like you, I am done with ice fishing and looking forward to some B.A.S.S. style hooksets.

In the NE corner of Nebraska, the ice has turned that "fateful" color of charcoal, or whatever the color is to describe honeycombed ice. Won't be long. On a side note, hit a river last Thursday and caught my first walleye for 09 the real way, from my boat. 18" fish, not a bad way to start the year.

Bring on the warmer weather.

"I was fishing from my boat all day yesterday and it was 70 degrees and sunny."

Smart!@#$@#! grin

We are slowly melting the 4 in, of snow we got yesturday, but this wind isn't helping much. Only have a small lake near here. It is open, but haven't heard of anyone fishing it yet. Most of the action has been on the rivers for walleye and northerns. We have been fishing a marsh area for panfish, but that has been inconsistent with all the changes in weather. July mite be about right for spring!