• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sniper Cert...

Deitz Dittrich

I was just wondering if anybody else in this forum has ever trid to get an archery snipers permit/cert..

For those who dont know. Some cities have special deer hunts for archer within city limmits. To be a part of these hunts you need to have a snipers cert/proficiency test..

I shot it last night, was fun.. and look forward to huning some city limmits hunts in the near future...

I've strongly considered, it, but at 2 hours from the North metro, with lots of great hunting & liberal tags around here, haven't done it. What did you have to do to pass it? Meaning, what constituted proficiency?

What are you embarrassed about? That seems like a good test to me. You can kill a ton of deer in MN if you can consistently hit a 4" target at 20 yards. For years I couldn't do that beyond 15, but I could still kill deer, just had to make sure they were "really" close.

I have been curious about this topic for years. Where can someone go to find more information about hunting in the metro area.

Is there a list of names to contact?

Also, I am curious as to what county you are hunting in. Hennepin co. has some HUGE deer on the west side.

I once saw an add for something like 'Urban bowhunters' that uses sportsman to help with overpopulation in the suburbs. Does anyone know about this program or what I am talking about?

Fishfanatic

I am in Chisago County.. I actually took the test over in Wisconsin... I will be hunting the Taylors Falls area...

What I am looking for ward to is being really close to home and helping someone with a population problem while harvesting an animal for myself or family...

[This message has been edited by Exudedude (edited 09-15-2004).]

I have taken and passed mine. I also have taken the MN bowhunters ed course. Most cities are going to require you to have this. The standard test for the MBRB is 5 of 7 arrows in a 8" target at 20 yards and the sharpshooter is what exude stated earlier. There are some huge "city" deer.