• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who Should the Vike Draft?

zepman

My vote is for Percy Harvin. Comes from a great program and is a flat out playmaker. If Sydney Rice would ever decide to play football I'd probably go elsewhere on this but the Vikes need another wide-out who can take some pressure off of AP and catch those 5 yard passes the Vikes love to throw and turn them into 20.

I think they should go OT on their first round pick. As for reciever, I think their are enough out in free agency that we can pick up a decent one. Second round pick, they should go after a CB, since Sharper will be gone.

Second round pick, they should go after a CB, since Sharper will be gone.

Shaper is a safety, did you mean second round pick a safety to replace him?

WCCO this morning had a story on the Vikes resigning Birk, and in there they said it looked as though sharper would be returning.

They need to pick up another wide rec. and possibly an O-lineman

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
Second round pick, they should go after a CB, since Sharper will be gone.

Shaper is a safety, did you mean second round pick a safety to replace him?

WCCO this morning had a story on the Vikes resigning Birk, and in there they said it looked as though sharper would be returning.

They need to pick up another wide rec. and possibly an O-lineman

Ya I was a little confused grin . But with Winfield aging, Sharper possibly leaving, I just dont want a huge hole in our DB, so maybe I should have said DB instead.

Yeah a solid DB wouldnt be a bad draft either, for reasons 4wanderingeyes stated above. Sharper has 2 maybe 3 years left and winfield isnt a spring chicken anymore either.

O-line

DB

WR

should be draft priorities.

I'm going to scream if they waste a draft pick on another over rated-under acheiving POS quarterback. Spend some money Ziggy.

If there is an OT(Britton,Beatty) at #22 you can bet that's who we'll draft. If not we'll look at cornerbacks DJ Moore and Alphonso Smith. Outside possibilities are a wide reciever like Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt.

While Harvin is a big play waiting to happen he is injury prone. He also is kind of a hybrid running back wide reciever. I don't really think he fits what we need as far as a wr goes. Rather have a big atheletic pass catcher to work the middle of the field(Nicks, Britt). However, he is an interesting option. He can take care of our pr/kr needs and could be used like Reggie Bush in certain packages.

Here's my mock for the Vikes.

1. DJ Moore CB- Stud perfect cover 2 cb

2. Jamon Meredith OT- 1st round value and talent

3. Eric Wood C

4. Brandon Gibson WR

5. Terrance Taylor DT

6. No Pick

7a. Devin Moore RB

7b. Ra'shon Harris DT

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

If Stafford or Sanchez falls take him or a stud CB like Vontae Davis or stud LB like Laurinitis and get a quality OT like Andre Smith or Eben Britton in the second round.

I've only looked at a few mock drafts to date but the few I've seen have as many as 4 or 5 tackles going before the Vikings select. That was leaving them the second CB in the draft and I could handle that if it happens.

Would really prefer a solid tackle but if they are gone and we have a shot at one of the corners I'd say jump on it. With so many WR's jumping all over the boards after the combine I'm hoping some fall into the second round but we would also still need that tackle as well.

If a QB falls to you then I would go that route, if not I would go O-line or secondary.

I would love to see the vikes go out and sign TJ Houshmanzadah, he's a stud of a WR and he can do it all. Considering our likely QB options for this season I think someone like TJ might be needed since he can make a bad QB look good.

Because Carson Palmer is a bad QB? He also has Chad Johnson there to help take double teams off of him. I am not sold on TJ. I would go offensive line, db and wr. If Rice ever decides not to be hurt he has shown potential and maybe a better qb might help him out.

There will probably be 7 offensive tackles drafted in round one. All of which would be better than Cook. If Beatty, Britton or Meredith are there it's almost a lock we'll take one of them. Meredith is slated as a 2nd rounder but has been moving up draft boards after impressive combine workouts. Andre Smith will not fall down to us. He's going to be a top ten pick.

Otherwise we'll look at DJ Moore, Alphonso Smith and Darius Butler. Vontae Davis us moving up so we have no chance at him. Malcolm Jenkins may drop a few spots but not to #22.

Childress apparently doesn't like to take recievers in the first round but if a playmaker like Maclin or Heyward-Bey is there you never know. Harvin is a man without a true position. Kind of a slash type. Very explosive but small and injury prone.

Laurinaitis would be a reach at #22. He's also a mlb and we are set there with EJ.

Because Carson Palmer is a bad QB? He also has Chad Johnson there to help take double teams off of him. I am not sold on TJ. I would go offensive line, db and wr. If Rice ever decides not to be hurt he has shown potential and maybe a better qb might help him out.

Carson Palmer is a great qb but he was out for season after week 3 or so last year and chad johnson didn't demand much cause technically he should of been out for season too but still played....backup qb fitzpatrick played all year...i hear where you are coming from but TJ is the real deal.

he's fast, great hands, will go up the middle or take it deep...i pray the vikes would get him but i don't know if we would spend what he's gonna get after spending all that big money on berrian last season...but zigy gave the green light to spend whatever so it's tough to say what we will do and who will be flying into town on the jet tomorrow night.

Lauranitis has reportedly had very bad workouts at the combine so far. He is dropping like a rock. Besides, the last thing the vikes need is another LB. I know hes a hometown kid but get away from that please!

DB is first priority

OT is next

doesnt really matter when you get to rounds 3-7, one might make it.

Like was already said Palmer wasn't throwing the ball last season and Johnson was just an average WR last season and still TJ had a very good season.

The other thing to note is that Cinci' didn't have a running game to balance with the pass. With 8-9 guys on the line to stop AP and with Berrian lined up on the other side demanding some attention there should be plenty of room for TJ to do some damage. Or the defense could choose to double TJ but then AP will have lots of room to run or Berrian will single coverage.

A monkey could run the offense when you have options like that.

If Stafford or Sanchez falls take him or a stud CB like Vontae Davis or stud LB like Laurinitis and get a quality OT like Andre Smith or Eben Britton in the second round.

Agree. I just hope one of those names is still available.

Stafford, Sanchez, Davis, Smith and Britton will all be gone before we pick in the first round. Laurinitis would be a bad pick at #22 and he will likely go early in the 2nd round.

Getting Smith or Britton in the 2nd round is laughable. Smith was being considered for the first pick in the draft. After his issue at the combine he may fall but not past #13. It's possible Britton will be there at #22 but hes been moving up draft boards pretty steadily for the last two months.

If Sanchez slips into the teens I'd like to see us move up and get him. Stafford won't last past pick #3.

Since the combine is now over I think our most likely to draft guys at #22 are- Beatty OT, DJ Moore CB, Britt WR.