• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It ended the same way it started!

cherokee

I thought I was done spearing for the year but after installing a new lock in my garage door I got the green light to sneak out to a local metro lake. Went out at 2 and was spearing by 2:30. The 2 pounder caught me off guard as I didn't expect it to come in so soon after getting set up. It decoyed nicely to a red and white.

I set a time to leave the lake at 4:30 as my wife and I had plans with the neighbors. At 4 p.m. I bring the red and white up under the ice and get it to flash. As the deke is going back down this 7 pound northern shoots in close to where the deke flashed the ice. Only 2 feet under the ice and I had my second pike of the day and last pike of the season.

My first outing this year produced two nice pike as did my last outing. Great season.

Better yet was the fish fry I had when I returned home. Northern pike on the grill and also a pan of fresh fried pike. And I still managed to get everything cleaned up in time to head over to the neighbors.