• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins Biggest Fan Sounds Off

zamboni

On the sigining of Joe Crede:

Ozzie Guillen in the Chicago Sun Times:

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- It took a few months, but with the rumors of Joe Crede signing with the Minnesota Twins a reality as of Saturday, Crede's former manager knows the team the White Sox faced in a one-game playoff to decide the division last year just got better.

''It's not pitching,'' Ozzie Guillen said of the Crede signing. ''He will make [the Twins'] pitching staff better because their defense will be a lot better. He will create double plays. He knows how to play the game. There is one player who didn't grow up with the Minnesota Twins organization, and he played like a Minnesota Twin. He's that type of player.

''They will help him, yes. They got better? If Crede is on the field, they're going to be better. I don't think they'll win the division because of one player. They always had a good club and always will be in the pennant race, and you have to handle it the way we always handle it and see what happens.''

Crede, 30, spent his entire career in the Sox organization, becoming a fixture at third base in 2003. While he made a career out of late-game dramatics at the plate, it was his defense that made him a pitcher's best friend.

''One of the greatest third basemen of all time, if you ask me,'' Sox starter Mark Buehrle said. ''What he did, like I said before, when he wasn't over there, there were balls he got to that you expect to be caught, and you turn around and they weren't caught.''

While his former teammates were wishing him the best, one question that was on all of their minds was how his chronic back problems the last three years will hold up on the Metrodome turf for an entire season.

Crede missed most of 2007 after back surgery, then played in 97 games last year before the injury forced the club to shut him down.

''I'm not a doctor,'' catcher A.J. Pierzynski said, ''but I know when I was there [with the Twins], I know we had a different turf, but we had guys all the time that had healthy backs who were complaining about the field. Joe says he's healthy, so we'll see.''

And see quickly.

Crede will make his return to the South Side on April 10. Considering the Sox' dugout is on the third-base side, he can expect more than a few comments made in his direction.

''I'm sure we'll be giving him [bleep] when we play at home,'' Pierzynski said. ''That's the way it goes. When I went to Minnesota, they were giving me [bleep] from their dugout, too, so that's the way it is -- especially when someone has been with an organization as long as Joe was.''

Zamboni,

That is fo sho! If yer not fer us...yer agin us!

I am sure Joe will hear it loud and clear on his first visit to the Cell, I just wonder what kind of salve he will have to put on under that Twinkie uni to prevent himself from breaking out in a rash! LOL

All kidding aside, he is a stand up guy...when he is standing up! Sorry, cheap shot there, really he is top notch, the only problem is he breaks your heart when his back goes down and you lose him for extended periods of time. I do have to wonder what kind of punishment that fuzzy concrete in the Baggie Dome will reek on his sachoriliac. Only time will tell. The Twinks better watch out, if the add Juan Cruz to thier line up it will be getting filled with ex Sox and ex Cubbies, that is a curse for any team! LOL

"There is one player who didn't grow up with the Minnesota Twins organization, and he played like a Minnesota Twin. He's that type of player."

I thought that the Oz was cracking his own players for not being fundamentally sound and team players.

I have said it on here before, if the Sox were to ever let Ozzie go, I don't think it would be a terrible move to offer him a bench coaching position with the Twins. There has been NOONE in the Majors more appreciative and vocal about the fundamental way the Twins play ball than Ozzie. And I doubt Ozzie would turn the job offer down, either. The Twins play ball like he did, and he recognizes it and isn't afraid to show it. I admire him for that.

We can only hope the Twins pencil Crede in for 400 at bats and not 600.

Give him days off at the dome, let him DH at the dome. Play him four days and get him out of there for a while. I agree he won't hold up on the turf playing every day.

Crede is one of my all time favorite Sox and I wish him the best with the Twins, it hurts just like when Rowand was traded. The turf at the dome is a killer and him play 100 games this year is a stretch IMO. The Twins did get better but it totally depends on how many games Crede can play in. Go SOX!!!!

Ozzie has to be my favorite manager in the game. He might not be the best, but he always gives the media something to chew on, if they can understand his rants. His appreciation for the Twins style of play doesn't hurt either.

I would love to have him in some capacity on the Twins bench. Gardy would like it to. Ozzie is a fighter, scrapper, whatever you want to call him. Those are the types that win games they shouldn't. Gotta love the Ozz-man.