• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The good old cartoons

LOTWSvirgin

Wasn't there some cartoon about a couple cartoon Native Americans, one was smart and the other would babble in the back? There was always a calvary sargaent trying to catch them. Help me out here!! Mental block!

DD

Double D,

I know which one you're talking about. I thought the name or jingle for the cartoon had something to do with gophers or something to that effect.

Something like Go Go Gophers?

And before anyone takes that too far, NOT THOSE KIND OF GO GO GOPHERS grin

They were the "Go-Go Gophers" and were a segment during Underdog. They were the arch-nemesis of the Cavalry "led by the Colonel and his Sergeant". The cavalry was supposed to take out these last two Indians in the region but always failed.

Chief Running Board could speak English but Ruffled Feather would just blather on. Our favorites were when Ruffled Feather would go on for about five seconds then Chief Running Board would translate into some two word answer, "Him say 'You Stink'". I believe Colonel Kit Coyote was supposed to be a take-off of Gen. George Armstrong Custer (thoroughly underestimating his enemy and paying the price) regardless of his name and physical appearance resembling Theodore Roosevelt. Of course, Colonel Kit got to repeat his error every week while Custer did not. The Sergeant, Oakie Homa, seemed resigned to his fate of following Col. Kit into each and every doomed adventure. Some say his voice resembled John Wayne's. I never saw that. I always seemed to me a more monotone Fess Parker.

Magilla Gorilla

("Geeeeee, Mr. Peebles")

Mighty Mouse

("Here I Come To Save The Day")

Clutch Cargo (with Spinner and Paddlefoot)

And as to Bugs and Yosemite, I haven't seen it in years, but the one where they are on the pirate ship and Bugs keeps throwing lighted matches down the stairs where the dynamite is kept and Sam keeps running down to get the match to blow it out just makes me bust a gut. ("Oooooh, I hate you wabbit").

And the one where Bugs is playinng baseball and throws that super slow pitch to those huge goons and 3 of 'em go up in succession on the same pitch and swing and miss three straight times..."one, two, three strikes - you're out...one, two, three strikes - you're out...one, two, three strikes - you're out" was classic too.

And if you mention Roy Rogers in the non-cartoon category, well, I think you just gotta include The Lone Ranger and Gene Autry....and Superman in black & white---always wished I could fly like him.

What about Tarzan ! We would get up early and watch the test pattern until the show started at 7:00. Had to make sure the TV was warmed up. We wanted to make sure we did not miss a single second grin

Hoggs,

Save your lamenting. Boomerang is now playing nothing but "classics" such as "Dexter's Lab" and "Powerpuff Girls". The exception is after 2300 CST when they run Herculoids, and Thundarr the Barbarian. Though if programming holds true to form from the last few years, "June Bugs" (a Bugs Bunny marathon early in the month) will be on Boom after the first few years being on CN.

Jonny Quest was pretty cool. Great adventures I would love to know where to download or purchase them.

Aside from cartoons I really liked The little Rascals. Darla was my first true love, even if I was a member of the He Man women Haters club !

Do they even make cartoons anymore? It all looks like garbage to me, Now they make them with computers, not hand drawn in sucession with very tiny movements. Those were the good ole days, after cartoons in the morning you had Mel Jazz then the movie usually a western or tarzan,