• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar Interference

Rippinlip

When my buddy and I go fishing together I have a heck of a time getting a clear flasher, I go through all the different settings on my I.R. for my FL-8SE. I can get it clear up some, but still has that annoying circling of some green bars.

He does use a Marcum, I noticed I have a 19 degree transducer that came with this unit several years ago. Would it help to go to a 9 degree transducer?

Thanks

Mark

I used to have the same problem between my vex and my dads marcum..I ended up swithing to a marcum due to this and due to the fact that my fl-18 was loud and annoying. Switching to a 9 degree ducer will help but it will also depend on the depth your fishing...The deeper you fish the more interferance you will get.

Yes it may help with Cross Talk interference to use a narrow beam ducer or upgrade to a duel beam ducer.

As was suggested cycle through the IR...if nothing helps...have the Marcum user hit his IR ONCE..now try the IR cycle (1-10) again on your Vex. It may take repeating this process a few times (his once more..then yours tell it is gone) to cycle off the like frequency. I have never not been able to tune out all interference due to cross talk on a Vexilar, I have had a Marcum and Vex in the same hole to prove this...and eliminated all the interference.

It also often helps to only lower the ducer in your hole deep enough to read your bait. This will lessen cross talk and the splatter effect caused be a hi-watt units, like a Marcum, spattering signal horizontally in the water column causing peripheral interference.