• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stranded on an island....1 rod, 1 reel, 1 lure

RiverBassGuy

7'0 St.Croix Legend Exteme - Daiwa Steez spinning reel. If you haven't used one, your missing out. Makes my former favorite Stella feel like a Spirex. 9" custom pour motor oil Senko.

I'm not bashing the Stella - I love the Stella - However the Steez is insane! In price and in operation!

I have midline equipment, and could win the lottery and not drop that much cash for a reel, I would think about it for a rod, but no way on the reel. just mho

My one set up to take for everything would be my 7'mh Setyr response series with a Curado E

I have to agree with goblueM.

"If its for fun, I gotta go with a 7" original powerworm texas rigged. Works for me all year round"

If its for survival, ill have to go with a simple panfish setup. 6'6" Spinning Rod Setup, 8lb Line

Jighead or Plain Hook

Bobber

Worms

If I do not catch anything at all. I could also stay ahead of the game and just eat the worms !

Since I fish more than just bass, I would probably go with a 7' MF spinning, probably a Legend Extreme. I would go with a Shimano Stradic MG, with 20# braid on one spool and 8# Trilene XL on the other. I'm assuming you mean one style of bait, so I would go with a standard jig and grub with an assortment of styles/sizes/colors. Don't think you can get much more versatile than that.

I think we gotta clarify what the goal is - is it catching fish for recreation, or eating?

I'm with sled on the survival - gimme the 7 foot M rod and 8 pound mono and a slip bobber

If its for fun, I gotta go with a 7" original powerworm texas rigged. Works for me all year round