• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What does she mean when she says....

You've had a lot of good suggestions. When I'm on the water, I find it very relaxing and my mind wanders as I'm waiting for a big bite - I'm not at all chatty while fishing. But, if I was with a talkative guy and he said the same thing, I would likely explain that while I'm fishing, I like to relax and I'm always thinking about the fishing spot. Are we in the right spot? Should we go back to where we had a bite a few minutes ago? Should we go somewhere else? Then I would tell him that I would be happy to talk about anything HE wanted to talk about! I would ask him not to take it personally if I'm not very talkative - I just want US to EACH enjoy catching fish. I have a friend who hates fishing but likes to go along with her husband, so she takes a book so he can fish and she can just be with him & not talk so much.

I'm a female and I don't worry about having to chatter in the boat or the portable (or anytime for that matter). I'm a quiet one and don't do a lot of talking anyway. I like to just be out there in the peace and quiet. I usually end up telling him he's scaring the fish away when he lets one go or belches. (shhhh----keep it quiet! You're scaring the fish!!)

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
I liked how you summed that all up Luvsoutdoors. I'm married to a man who isn't a big chatter in the boat either (but get him anywhere else-whoa that's another matter indeed! grinsmirkwinkgrin ) so I've always fished in a quiet boat. He's very focused on boat control, jigging, keeping us on fish and netting my fish constantly. smirksmirksmirksmile heehee

My wife would likely say the same thing. Although I talk more if we anchor up on a spot and slip bobber. For me this is more "Social" fishing time as I'm no longer glued to the locator or gps.

WOW -- alot of great answers people, I'm impressed. I like Borch'e answer the best.

When Scott and I fish together, bobber fishing and Lindy ringing are the main social times, but its still minimal. If we are trolling chatter is even less. Scott is great at putting us on fish and boat control. The few times I've run his boat, I've realised how hard boat control can be.

Mngirl not talking much in the fish house? I guess things do change. j/k

The women I've fished with just don't seem to understand part of why I enjoy fishing. Peace and quiet. They usually seem irritated if I stop talking for extended periods of time. They just assume somethings wrong. Nothings wrong I just enjoy quiet time while fishing.

What the???? I talk plenty Mr. sits over in the corner and looks like I talk too much. I concentrate so I can out fish you, but it doesn't look like it will happen this season! frown Oh well, all good things come to those who bait!

Seriously though, I do like fishing for the peace and quiet. I have always loved the outdoors and work in restaurants, so sometimes I just don't want to talk. I like listening to what nature has to say smile.

Actually Hovermn, I need that playlist off that CD you have and played the last time we fished. Pretty please? smile That's it, I was too into your music, so it's your fault! Haha!! grin

Talk to her about her stuff, to be honest it might now interest you but she will feel more welome in the boat, if you know any interests about her than talk about that! It helps as a icebreaker in the boat and will make her feel more confortable in ur boat and be able to talk more freely, trust me u can still catch fish fish in the process...

i just saw a very funny commerical

its for e-tec

theres a guy and gal in the boat the gal is catching fish and talking up a storm

then they she will say 21million words before this e-tec neeeds to be taken in for service him 7 million

fits right in this thread

not my opiion !!!!!

My wife/fishing partner/best friend and the one who keeps me in line, talk all the time or sometimes not at all when we fish. Depends on the bite or what we are fishing for, the weather or boat guests. NOW - you may think I'm crazy( alot do ) but the truth of the matter is - my first question to her when we met was -- "Do you like to fish and hunt" when the answer was yes, it wasn't long after that we said I do. That was a wonderfull 37 years ago and it's still a thrill to fish and talk. smile

interesting thread.... smile

if she wants to talk, ask her what she wants to talk about,, sheesshhh,, doesn't sound that difficult,, or is it that she wants all the attention? some folks are like that,, they want to do things with you, but once you get there, they suddenly aren't interested in it.. and want to turn it around... been there a few times. it sucks.

personally, in my boat,, my hubby and I sit for hours at a time, and the only things said are "pass me a minnow please." or "oh I got a dandy!!!!" lol

but like it's been said, depends on the fishing too, if it's slower, we'll find things to talk about,, we'll even go to shore for a walk or snoop around... it's all good. smile