• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

STOLEN Wheelhouse!!!

Hey Everyone,

My friend's Dad's shack was stolen February 11th at approx 5pm from South Center Lake north of the Twin Cities. It's an 6.5 X 12 King Crow crank down. Colors are blue and silver with aluminum siding. This shouldn't be a hard shack to spot.

If you have any information, please contact Bart at:

651-674-5489

612-386-0314

BartsShack.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not again!

They got to start putting out decoy houses and catch these a holes. Or maybe a little vigilante justice is needed to catch them.

Good luck on getting his house back. I will keep my eyes open. I have almost the same house but green/tan.

Early this year when the first reports of fish house break ins were being reported, I commented to my passenger that they're going to start taking the whole house pretty soon.mad

I wish I was wrong. frown

That's one I can remember and will look out for it.

Good luck!

i know there was one stolen up in walker that was used for dead storage full of fishing gear heard reports of value of $40,000. breakins are bad enough to deal with but these people should anchored to the bottom of lake better yet good candidates for lake cleanup patrol and fined $10,000. thats just my two pennies worth because after the taxes and bait and gas thats all i can afford.

They actually do. I saw one at a local NAPA store. You can check at home on your PC where the unit is through the HSOforum. I might have to purchase it. Maybe I can get a bit of a discount on my insurance with it installed. Kinda like they do with autos with theft systems in them.

When watching for it out on the lakes, try and remember the little things about it. Because the name on the door, or maybe the whole thing could be repainted. But they may not fix the crease down the side in the siding below the window, or maybe the reflector on the upper rear top side, or that the roof is whiter then any of the sides. Very sad! frown

Darn sad, I hope to hear of at least one of these scum bags being caught soon!

May I recommend if you do not have a removable hitch, use a ball hitch lock to secure it, especially if the wheels are still on the unit. That will stop them from hitch and go thefts, or at least should slow them down.

Last Saturday I was fishing alone on Stella trying out the Guide I just purchased when I noticed a couple of guys drilling a lot of holes looking for structure. I was already out for about two hours and bored. So I walked over and talked to them a little and asked if they wouldn't mind if I use one of the holes they drilled, I only had a hand auger as was spent after a single hole. Said sure, come on over. At dark they even gave me ride in to the landing where I had parked. Couple of great dudes from ND. The next day I went out with my dad in the same spot and got hot hand drilling the holes open. Took my coat off and and went to put it on the door knob of their fish house that was right next to me and noticed it was open. Without thinking I just shut the door and made sure it was locked. Thinking about it after reading this thread I wish I looked inside to see if their gear was all still there. Hope nobody was out there after we left the night before and popped it open. It did not look like anyone had from what I could tell.

If it was one of the people reading this thread's house please let me know if all your gear was still there. A BIG RED ONE.

A couple years ago at 4am a couple days after thanksgiving my wife woke me up. She said to not turn any lights on and look outside in the yard. There in my yard was a pick up truck backed a few feet away from my father in laws $11K ice castle. I had my wife call her dad and as soon as he said he knew nothing about it I went outside to investigate. As soon as the two huge thugs heard the screen door shut they took off.

What I remember from looking at them out the second story window was they were both very large men as one was pulling and one was pushing the huge fish house and without a tounge wheel it was moving! If they were smart they would have backed right up to it.

The truck of course was stolen but at least they didn't get off with the shanty.

A couple months later I woke up one morning to find my 02 Polaris 700 gone. The cop said an atv was stolen a week earlier less than a mile away. A month later a truck was stopped towing four stolen atv's.

If the police would have found my atv I would have said they could have kept the lemon! Funny thing was the last time I used it was acting up again. When it acted up normaly the motor had to be torn apart. Don't miss it for a second but what a horrible feeling to have something you paid $8K for stolen.

Thanks for all the support on this! Bart's pretty bummed.

Side Note: The shack would have required a fix around the steel plates that were needed to keep the wheels in place to tow the shack. They also would have had to have a couple big pins as well. Bart took all of that home with him when he parked the shack. So either they had previously scouted it out, or they were pretty prepared.

Thanks again for keepin your eyes open for me. Much appreciated.

After hearing all these loses I made a call to my insurance company and asked if I was covered under homeowners which I thought I would be. Not the case I guess so I will be getting it insured this week. I to have a king crow and wonder why both houses have been king crows? Can't imagine the feeling you guys went through when you went out fishing only to relize that your nice wheelhouse had been stolen bad deal. I will keep my eyes open. Did you have the hitch locked? Also on mine you don't need plates to move it if you just latch the cranks. Wonder if a guy should invest in a tire lock thing.

Is there anything that one would notice about this house. somthing with the door cracked window? i am sure that whoever stole it would paint it, so if there was somthing distinctive that would help in our search.

LakeDocktor, Thanks for mentioning it. Although its not the shack, it doesn't hurt checking it out. I'm sure whoever took it will be changing it's apearance, and it probably won't even touch the ice again till next year, but its somewhere out there and all it takes is for someone to see it and say something.

I will ask Bart if there are any defining features that may be different from the rest.

If he has any pictures of the inside, that could help as well. I agree that the outside appearance may change, but if someone is trying to sell it, they probably won't change the inside appearance too much as it wouldn't be as easily identifiable as a "blue and silver" house.