• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Furnace Cleaning

Scott M

My Lennox furnace ignition has been tricky of late. I have had to flip the circuit breaker off and then on to get it to fire up. I called the company and they said it sounds like it just needs a cleaning. What will a cleaning cost me? I'd try a DIY, but a couple people have told me the Lennox furnaces are tricky.

Is there some kind of light codes that describe what check is being tripped in the circuit...assuming that's what it's.

What exactly is it doing?

I know I had an issue with my furnace recently (different brand I think) and it was just a pressure switch that had to be replaced (certain code would be displayed). Another time it was the flame sensors that were dirty and would trip a code after it didn't fire after a couple tries. I just took them out and sanded them down a little and they have been working fine all winter.

boilerguy has it right.

About one dead president. It's travel time that hurts.

Best deal you can get, is use your shop vac on every thing you can see in and around the furnace. Then call a independent HVAC guy. (a one man show) Then

offer him cash.

If it's a Lennox Pulse, all bet are off.

DISCLAIMER: i am in no way an expert, at anyting. anything i say is my own opinion and/or observation, and should never be regarded as fact, unless otherwise stated.

I had a Lennox at a previous home. It had a probe in the firebox that would tell the brain that there was ignition. The tech would come and clean it up or replace it every couple years. One year during a stretch that he said he hadn't had much sleep in a few days, he replaced the system with a digital box and probe. No more problems after that.

I had Home Service Plus (Centerpoint Energy) clean mine this fall. Was a bit less than a $100.

If you have Centerpoint for your gas, check out their HSOforum for the # to call. Or just check with your gas company if you don't have Centerpoint.